Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

WTD9 - 2011 Beer Swap & Wine Tasting

Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTD9 - 2011 Beer Swap & Wine Tasting

Who's up for a drink???

Who: All WTD9 attendees are welcome, but only those over 21 may participate in the drinking of the adult beverages
What: Bring some beers (6 pack is typically plenty), some cups for sampling, and a good attitude. Talk to people with other beers, make some trades, and try some new things. We highly encourage local micro-brews, as that gives us each the pleasure of tasting your neck of the woods. Show us the local flavors your state has to offer!
What, Pt. 2: If you prefer, bring wine or other fine spirits. Just don't forget to bring tasting cups as well.
When: Friday night, during the Registration/Welcome Dinner ~6:30pm
Where: The ballfield
Why??? Drinking is fun! Oh, and you can meet other owners, or their guests, or maybe some cloggers
How: You will be required to present a government issued photo ID that shows you are over 21 years of age when you arrive. You will receive a bracelet and can then come and go as you pelase. We will provide seating, tables, ice buckets, and garbage cans. Please use all of it, especially the garbage cans! You will also need to have your event lanyard as is required with all WTD9 organized activities.
How, Pt. 2: Please post in this thread if you will be attending, and what you will be bringing. This will help us limit duplication.

Honda S2000 WTD9 2011

BEER SWAP RULES

1) Absolutely no one under 21 years of age is allowed to consume alcoholic beverages.

2) Bring a government issued ID - we will be carding everyone and handing out wrist bands to confirm age.

3) Only registered members are allowed to participate. Bring your event lanyard as proof you registered, or you will be asked to leave.

4) Clean up after yourself! Recycle & trash bins provided.

How it works:
• Bring some beer or wine to share, and a few tasting cups
• We have ice barrels placed throughout the event area. Chill down your offerings, make some new friends, and experience some new beverages!
• There is no formality to the swap - find something you like & make a swap with something you brought.
• IMPORTANT: THIS IS NOT A BEER GIVEAWAY! IF YOU DON'T BRING SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE, PLEASE RESPECT YOUR FELLOW S2000 OWNERS AND DON'T HELP YOURSELF TO "FREE BEER"!!!!!!!!!!
If you need to do some beer research, I highly recommend www.beeradvocate.com . I think you have to register to utilize much of their site - spend the 2 minutes and do it!

See you at WTD!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last week I visited Ecuador ... and I brought something to share at this beer swap.

Next week I'm going to Puerto Rico ... and I will bring something to share from there.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Abita Beer from New Orleans; Fine local brewery beer that goes well with crawfish, shrimp, crabs, fried fish; Hell, goes with everything except cotton candy.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, Andy! Now a tough decision; which local IPAs to bring?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Andy, I was gonna post a beer swap thread this weekend but you beet me to it I might have to bring some Bourbon this time
Old 02-18-2011, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frei,Feb 18 2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks Andy, I was gonna post a beer swap thread this weekend but you beet me to it I might have to bring some Bourbon this time
ha HA! I have the speed of Silverstone on my side! (but looking at your sig I guess you do as well )

I'll probably be bringing some Southampton brews. Not local, but I LOVE them. Hopefully Double White and one of their seasonals.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mmm beer...ill probably bring some dogfish head or some type of ipa
Old 02-18-2011, 08:25 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I will be bringing some choice bourbon if that's okay. Where the hell do I buy tasting cups?! I might not make it in by 6:30 though, so consider me and the gf tentative.

I love me some CBC or TBC...both local Raleigh/Durham breweries. So if bourbon tasting isn't happening this year, I can bring some beer.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh....the OKI group will bring LOTS of bourbon to taste.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:29 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by frei,Feb 18 2011, 10:34 AM
Just because you bring bourbon, doesn't mean that we will let "your type" join in at our tasting table!

Just kidding...... the more the merrier!

Quick Reply: WTD9 - 2011 Beer Swap & Wine Tasting