Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

WTD08 POKER RUN

Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTD08 POKER RUN

The First (and hopefully not the last) Wake the Dragon Poker Run is now being organized.
This event will be held Friday afternoon, and will start at 1:00 PM at Fontana Village. The exact route, stops and rules will be posted later. There will be prizes.

Registration and Basic Rules

The Wake the Dragon Poker Run is not a race! Participants have up to four hours to complete the course. Take your time and enjoy. Registration begins at 12:00 noon on Friday and event ends at 5:00 P.M. Kick-off for the event is 1:00 P.M.

Participants must register at the Ball Field before starting. Cost to participate in the poker run is $5.00 per car. One hand per car. You will receive a marked envelope for the poker run at registration. Your hand will be returned at the completion of the run in this envelope only.

Participants must go to all five stops on the poker run course. A map of the route will be provided at registration. Your poker run participation envelope will be marked at each stop to ensure that you have completed the course.

At each stop, draw a card. To ensure fairness, everyone will draw from the same deck at each stop. Each stop will always draw from a full deck of 52 cards. In the event that you draw a card which you already have in your hand, you simply replace that card and draw a new card. Your card will be placed in your participation envelope and the envelope marked by an official with the card that you draw. Once the envelope is marked, you are ready to proceed to the next stop.

When you have gone to all five stops and completed your five card hand, you are ready to match your hand against all others for the chance to win the prizes! If for some reason you missed a stop, your hand can be completed at registration. Return your hand to registration at the ball field. It will be tallied and winning hands announced at the Dinner Saturday night. All hands must be turned in no later than 5:00 PM. Any hands coming in after that time will not be scored. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by high card draw at the dinner.

Poker hands are valued from best to worst as follows: Royal flush, straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush, straight, three of a kind, two pair, one pair, high card. For "Low Hand" score straights and flushes will be ignored, with aces being counted as lowest card. All scoring by judges are final.

Prizes will be awarded for the top three hands and one prize for "Low Hand".

Raul, if you could "sticky" this, I'd appreciate it, and Thanks for all you do.

Volunteers, I have your names and will be contacting you shortly. (Sounds kind of ominious doesn't it! )

There has been some confusion about the list below - These are the participants that have signed on, so far. While you can register for the Poker Run at the event, it helps to determine interest if you let us know in advance. How big this will be is anyones guess, so post up if you intend to participate.

tof
1st07inOH
airgate
nakdboardr - mayby
S2krazy2
ash42
svmtbman
batguano
ruexp67 + 2
BearNVa
WhrDLMI
DaWorm + ?
S2K-Dragon
madcowdk
toofast4yalll
JJMKCM
svmtbman
Old 02-13-2008, 03:13 PM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,410 Posts

You got my five bucks...unless you are still short of volunteers.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will probably be in, depending on the details and what the rest of my rowdy group is doing at the time.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:13 AM

All In!!
Old 02-15-2008, 04:42 AM

Your names are on the list - and I do hope that "rowdy" crew from Ohio will be in the run, just remember, part of this is on the Foothills Parkway.

Look familiar?

tof - I don't know that we can ever have too few volunteers. I'll keep you in mind as one of the group leaders.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:39 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by LINESUPER,Feb 15 2008, 08:42 AM
Your names are on the list - and I do hope that "rowdy" crew from Ohio will be in the run, just remember, part of this is on the Foothills Parkway.

Look familiar?

tof - I don't know that we can ever have too few volunteers. I'll keep you in mind as one of the group leaders.
"I was leading, but I'm not the leader!" <== someone said that

The Ohio group is not rowdy....

We are the law abiding part of the Dragon participants!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

GAME ON
Old 02-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've _always_ wanted to do a poker run...but never have...hell, I've never even played poker...so I have lots to learn.

Sign me and Anna up.

Oh, and sticky done.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Someone please explain what a poker run is.
Remember, I come for a different planet and have never played poker with a car before.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Sure you have...didn't you bet your car once??

with batguano, please post "what" a Poker Run is...

Quick Reply: WTD08 POKER RUN