Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

UPDATE: Fees reduced to attend WTD 2008

Old 01-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down UPDATE: Fees reduced to attend WTD 2008

Folks, in response to some concerns, the event fee to attend WTD 2008 have been significantly reduced. As a result, some "niceties" have been removed in order to offer a lower price.

In a nutshell, REGISTRATION for WTD is now $27 (Reduced from $75). This amount is for both Driver OR Passenger (so it's $27 each). Event t-shirts are "a la cart" and priced at $18.

For complete details on the registration fee change, please visit this link:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry12435178
Old 01-31-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Sorry to hear that.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again, the Dragon Team proves their flexibility and resillience. After all this time, how anyone could doubt that they do the best they can to give us what they think we want is beyond me. Personally, were I organizing this thing, I would have been inclinded to just walk away.

I wonder if all those complaining about the "high fee" for this meet took the time to answer the post-WTD survey last year with the concern that things were getting too expensive. I'd venture to guess none did.

I take 4 people and two cars to these events. This is, IMO, the *best bang for the buck* of any $$$ we spend all year.

Thanks again to the organizers, my hat is off to you all.

Dave
Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

I voiced my opinion...on the other "Thread".... The longer I keep reading these posts...the more upset, I get...!!!! Makes me just want to turn the PC off....Raul, Ron, Sheila...and the whole event staff...my heart goes out, to the work you do for "US".....All I can say is....I am glad it's not me, putting this together, and so would lots of other peeps....If that would be the case....well...I'll just leave it there, before the "mods" sent me a PM.....

Thanks, Team...!!! Thanks to the loyal Dragon goers..!!!
The Cincy crew, will see all of you on Thursday afternoon @ Fontana
Old 02-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,868 Likes on 2,080 Posts

Thanks to everyone that screwed this up

Sorry about the grief this has caused you Raul (and others)
Old 02-01-2008, 01:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am still coming
Old 02-01-2008, 01:54 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

I just stepped over to this forum and caught up on the story. I thought $75 was starting to creep up there too -- but I don't want to say that without disclaimer that I would still pay it and not think twice about actually getting my money worth. To the people that don't think $75 is worth it -- let me tell you about my return trip after last year's WTD. I had to come back for court 3 weeks after the event. My fines ended up being ~$200. This place is so much fun that even BY MYSELF, and after my court appearance and costs, I stuck around for another 48 hours of Dragon 'ing. How can you say it's not worth $75?

I never cared much for the book or lunch. I was always out during that time it seems. But I hate to lose the magnet. The shirts won't last -- or FIT forever. But the magnets will. They're so small it would be impossible to ever justify throwing them away but they're enough to always serve as a reminder, or a trigger for all the memories made.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:55 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Wow, I'm kind of surprised the pricing changed at all, consdering how much work and effort, not to mention actual money, goes into organizing these events.

Event organizers leave their day jobs early to get up there and set up, spend time managing the event instead of driving, and don't get money for their time. The entry cost is more than just a shirt and a box lunch, its also a huge social event that brings S enthusiasts from all over the continent together to drive. Paying even $100 to be part of that shouldn't be a big deal imo. Now that the event is getting customized, there's more work for the organizers.

Every year there are more and more people present at these events, and with rising popularity you usually see a rise in prices. You can go to the Dragon any day of the year, its a public road and its free, and there are actually a lot of other great roads to drive on, so I'm shocked people would complain about registration costs.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good for you Raul, get back to basics, keep it simple. You and your staff don't deserve a lot of crap over rising costs.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Y'all,

I can't believe someone complained about the cost - obviously someone that has never put on or worked an event of this magitude!

Quoting a previous input .....

"The longer I keep reading these posts...the more upset, I get...!!!! Makes me just want to turn the PC off....Raul, Ron, Sheila...and the whole event staff...my heart goes out, to the work you do for "US".....All I can say is....I am glad it's not me, putting this together, and so would lots of other peeps....If that would be the case....well...I'll just leave it there, before the "mods" sent me a PM.....

Thanks, Team...!!! Thanks to the loyal Dragon goers..!!!""

If work permits I'll be there to support Raul, Ron, Shelia and the rest of the event crew. Y'all are great and put on a great event.

If you are down Destin way look me up!

(Sorry - spell checker doesn't work)

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Fees reduced to attend WTD 2008