Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Summer Dragon - is your car ready?

Old 05-20-2016, 01:39 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

The car is ready but the installed radar detector quit working. It won't be back before the Dragon.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought a CG lock, so will probably install that and give it a go. I hope that will help keep me in my seat a bit more.

Packing the car up will be interesting too. I have never taken a trip like this before in any car really. I am thankful for my shortness, as I have a decent amount of space behind my seat to pack stuff into as well, haha. I am also going to try and pack up some of my hula hoops, so if you see someone walking around the hotel with hoops, it's probably me.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:40 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Two-of-Swords
I bought a CG lock, so will probably install that and give it a go. I hope that will help keep me in my seat a bit more.

Packing the car up will be interesting too. I have never taken a trip like this before in any car really. I am thankful for my shortness, as I have a decent amount of space behind my seat to pack stuff into as well, haha. I am also going to try and pack up some of my hula hoops, so if you see someone walking around the hotel with hoops, it's probably me.
Now that is one way to recognized!

Look for the people with bubble guns, nerf guns, etc.... that is our group!
Old 05-21-2016, 06:47 AM

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Two-of-Swords

Packing ...?????? ( 2-week trip to Portland Oregon from Cincy )
...and there is a Flight Bag, under the blue garment bag ...

Old 05-21-2016, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Looter
Originally Posted by Two-of-Swords' timestamp='1463835771' post='23972831

And that was for Denny AND Sharon!!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:25 PM

After a few trips you learn how to pack efficiently. I've been doing this for sooooo many trips that each time I get better at it. Now for Patty, there is still a learning curve. How many walking shoes and sandels does one person need for two weeks on the road.

I was able to pack what I need for a four week trip with no problem.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:26 PM

I wasted a lot of time cleaning and washing the car last week. I rained all of the way to Beckley, WV
Old 05-21-2016, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I wasted a lot of time cleaning and washing the car last week. I rained all of the way to Beckley, WV
The time spent was therapeutic!
Old 05-21-2016, 06:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Looter
Originally Posted by Two-of-Swords' timestamp='1463835771' post='23972831

...and there is a Flight Bag, under the blue garment bag ...

I am impressed! Looks like you made use of the trunk to its fullest potential. I do not think mine will be nearly as organized!
Old 05-21-2016, 06:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

New Direzza Z2's on the rear, I hate the RE 11a is gone. Diff, trans and oil changed. Clayed and waxed, she's ready to roll.

Quick Reply: Summer Dragon - is your car ready?