Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

S's at the Gap

Old 07-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts
Default S's at the Gap

Ken and I discussed all the issues on doing the event the same weekend as the cloggers at Fontana Village. We think in the best interest of the group as a whole to move the event to September 13 - 16, 2012. I know that some of you have already made plans for the other date. We want the group to stay in the same location for the event. I know that all the plans have gone back and forth with the dates and where to stay. It is not easy to get things going in such short notice. This is the Final decision for this year's event and we would like everyone to go and enjoy this new event called " S's at the Gap". Ken will post up a registration thread on Friday, July 6, 2012 around midnight. We have looked at the Fontana Village website and they should be plenty of rooms for everyone to book. We are trying to make the first event just as successfully as all the WTD and DBR events. We are now under new management and don't know all the answers to your questions, but we are willing to try. As for the drives during the event, anyone can post up their drives, meeting place, times, length, maps and pace of the drive etc. We have decided not to do a roll out for the event, that drive is in the past and let others do their drives instead. Ken and I know that we will not please everyone but the show must go on. If you have any complaints about the event please don't post your issues on this public forum. There is a time and place for everything, keep it private and talk with us. We all need to understand that we don't get paid to do this. We do it for the group as a whole. Hope to see you up there for S's at the Gap in September. For those of you that have already made reservations at Fontana Village you should get your dates changed. Ken is going to call Fontana Thursday morning and get the rates and blocks of rooms for our event. Please make your reservations after 12:00 noon on Thursday, July 5, 2012. Again sorry for all the confusion. Damn is it time to go yet!!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:31 PM

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks..."Bama"......
We are in....
Old 07-03-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'Appreciate it, Dave.

Originally Posted by Bama Dave
For those of you that have already made reservations at Fontana Village you should get your dates changed.
Has anyone tried to do this at FV before? Denny, Mike, Ron, anyone? Like I said, the one lady I talked to wasn't sure if they would/could move a reservation. Hopefully, with all the upheaval and confusion of the last two days, they'd be willing.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by onu2002
'Appreciate it, Dave.

Originally Posted by Bama Dave' timestamp='1341365053' post='21832552
For those of you that have already made reservations at Fontana Village you should get your dates changed.
Has anyone tried to do this at FV before? Denny, Mike, Ron, anyone? Like I said, the one lady I talked to wasn't sure if they would/could move a reservation. Hopefully, with all the upheaval and confusion of the last two days, they'd be willing.
Just made my reservations, for the new dates...Tom. Donna is very understanding of this group....
Old 07-03-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Looter
Originally Posted by onu2002' timestamp='1341366360' post='21832592
'Appreciate it, Dave.

[quote name='Bama Dave' timestamp='1341365053' post='21832552']For those of you that have already made reservations at Fontana Village you should get your dates changed.
Just made my reservations, for the new dates...Tom. Donna is very understanding of this group....
[/quote]
So I should ask to talk to Donna?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Community Organizer

'Appreciate it, Dave.

Originally Posted by Bama Dave' timestamp='1341365053' post='21832552
I just called FV and got my reservations changed back to the new dates, Tim at FV did it no problem. Looking forward to see everyone in September. Later BD
Old 07-03-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Looter' timestamp='1341366666' post='21832598
[quote name='onu2002' timestamp='1341366360' post='21832592']
'Appreciate it, Dave.

[quote name='Bama Dave' timestamp='1341365053' post='21832552']For those of you that have already made reservations at Fontana Village you should get your dates changed.
[/quote]
So I should ask to talk to Donna?
[/quote]

Seems both Tim & Donna are on the desk, tonight....I would imagine either can change your reservations...
Old 07-03-2012, 06:05 PM

And tell them you want no smoking rooms like me and Looter! (sorry private joke )

Dave
Old 07-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by parkerdt
And tell them you want no smoking rooms like me and Looter! (sorry private joke )

Dave
Do tell I want to hear about this one.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by parkerdt

Dave
That's awesome...Dave !!! Glad you are still hanging in there !!

Quick Reply: S's at the Gap