Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Some misunderstandings with the RoadsterChat Folks

Old 02-13-2002, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just another RCer stopping by to say,
Old 02-13-2002, 04:28 PM

Thanks Guys!

I am glad that my latest post had the intended positive effect and now we can finally start things out on the right foot! Even on the smoothest road there's always a pothole or two!Looks like things are clear sailing from now on...

I said this in one of my prior posts and want to reiterate that I hope you all come on over and not only check out Roadster Chat but hang out with us as well! There is a great bunch of people there and I can vouch for this as I've personally met and driven with many of them! Our little online forum is a great way of keeping in touch and having fun..especially during the off season (except for those lucky enough to be able to drive top-down all year!). It's amazing how different people from all walks of life, different ages, etc are united by their love of top down, spirited driving!

I see that some of you have already dropped by..I hope you stay! I am really looking forward to chatting with you on the forum as well as in person at the Gap in April. I know that I'm not alone in feeling this way..

As Sean said, let's make arrangements to get together and do some socializing! We are all hanging out at the Fontana and are game for some massive partying! Come join us! The Spyder Nation will be there as well so we can really have an all-out Roadster Bash! I'm in for some BBQ and Beer for sure!

Again, I can't tell you all enough how happy I am that things are all worked out. Everything is as it should be! I very much appreciate your kind words.
Old 02-13-2002, 04:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WestSideBilly
[B]Thanks for being the "peacemaker" Redline.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to admit that I am very HAPPY to see that this was all resolved peacefully!

The thread in Roadster Chat has settled considerably (as has ours here).

Looking forward to the run in April and I think a mix of some cars would be great and meeting some fellow roadster enthusiasts would be awesome!

Redline 7000, obviously. . .you are not a Miata boy!
Old 02-13-2002, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by airgate
Redline 7000, obviously. . .you are not a Miata boy!
Fooled ya!

Actually..You aren't alone by any means. At the Miata Gap Gathering last July many people only knew me by my posts on the various forums and had no idea of my gender. They assumed the same thing that you and most people do..That I'm a guy! The look on their faces was priceless. There are still people today who refer to me as "He" and then when they are corrected react in a, well..interesting manner. I find it vastly amusing. It was to be expected..especially when you read my posts. I've been told that "I don't write like a girl"...LOL!

When I owned my Mustang it was even more of a suprise..I'd pull up in this loud, raucous, bright red musclecar.. and this 5'2" woman would hop out. The drag racers loved it.. Most people assumed that I was driving my husband's car. My husband has no interest in cars.

I'm glad everything has worked out and that Peace reigns again.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:50 AM

I can't help but smile when I read that, Redline. I have owned a lot of cars, and loved just about each of them for something. (Here's the Honda content: 7 Honda's; 4 CRXs, 2 Integras, 1 Legend, from my mom). Anyway, when I would show up for car shows with my 1968 1/2 Cougar (428 CJ, Ram Air, 4 speed, 3.91 TL rear end, 30 over Crane Cam, Holley 4 bbl 750 (I think) Carb), I got a few looks, too. (I am 5'1 or 2).

One time I went for icecream and a van pulled in so close, they couldn't get out their door. Of course, they tried to... I was over their in one bound, cussing them out... all 100 lbs of me! Then, I had to get in my passenger side door, go over the stick shift, and moved the car with a lot of smoke and screaming tires. (That car got rubber in all 4 gears).

*sigh* the good old muscle car days!! (but the new roadsters handle SOOOOOOO much better!)

Sorry for the long post. But I can't hold a candle to Redline!
Old 02-14-2002, 12:39 PM
Rex

If Redline 7000, mDeb, and zDeb are any indication the RC group is a class act!
Old 02-14-2002, 05:18 PM

hey redline7000 and Mdeb.......it's me.......Level 3

way to go for friendship making!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2002, 05:56 PM

Deb,

Your long post is one of my short ones! I really can't wait to meet you at RATG.

Hondas are good cars! My '87 CRX Si was one of the best cars I ever owned. It was the first "revable" engine I ever drove..I had a blast getting it up to redline. It fit two people and a ton of luggage and in the 3 years I owned it I think that all I ever had to buy for it was a new horn, some front tires and a battery. The quality of it was incredible. After I traded it in for my '91 Mustang I often asked myself why the heck I traded a perfectly good Honda for a Ford!

My mother owned a '91 Legend..and it was a legend! She would go down to Florida for the winter and leave the car with me to care for. I loved that car! It had heated seats, a wonderful stero and the 6 cylinder engine was something to die for. It was so smooth. What a wonderful car!

Rex, MDeb and ZDeb are the same person. We appreciate the compliment and from what I've experienced over the past year the folks at RC are a class act..We hope you think so too! Come and join us!
Old 02-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great. . .looks as if this can be closed now. . .

Can't wait to see everyone in April!