Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

RtD Transparency

Old 03-26-2015, 01:13 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,135 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by Habitforming
Originally Posted by kgf3076' timestamp='1427403945' post='23555978
[quote name='Habitforming' timestamp='1427394380' post='23555681']
[quote name='Blacknot' timestamp='1427393603' post='23555655']
Hopefully this transparency will clear the air and t can be stickied or pinned for all to see

in the distant past I had some grumblings about the price of the event - this is years ago when it was more than it is now. Knowing the costs of what goes into it, I don't have anything negative to say about the current pricing.

Though at $37/head for the banquet, they could at least provide sodas!!!
Now you know this is the South. Y'all get all the iced tea you can drink...
[/quote]

No, not "iced" tea... SWEET tea!!!! It's Kool-Aid for grown-ups!
[/quote]
Y'all ain't from around here, are you?
Old 03-26-2015, 01:13 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by kgf3076
interested) a small hint. Smoked Porky Goodness! (and no, it's not Mikey )
Pork!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2015, 01:19 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Mack21
Ok ok ok I see what you're saying, but 150 people are coming to your resort or someone else's... what can you do for me that the other can't?

I'm in the business of BUYING things. If I don't like the price of whatever part, I go elsewhere, my main supplier knows this. He does everything in his power to give me the lowest price(and it shows) because I buy in volume and he know's he isn't the only game in town.

I can't give my own opinion of the banquet as I've never been. Just based on the rumblings of other people and my plans for the weekend, I'll probably skip it.
I have spent over 30 years min purchasing..... and the good old supply and demand factor is what is happening here.

There is no property centrally located like Fontana, that can handle our spring group.

We could split up amongst various cheap hotels in Townsend or Alcoa, and not have a banquet or Friday night get together. Then we could lower the registration fee... but lose most of the fun times!

Not sure what type of meets/events your friends are used to.... but I'd bet the Dragon events are a heck of a lot better.....

I don't go for the food ... but for the friends and memories made!

I am an S2000 owner, and have been paying the registration fes since 2001.... I have no problem with that.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Originally Posted by Mack21' timestamp='1427393576' post='23555654

Ok ok ok I see what you're saying, but 150 people are coming to your resort or someone else's... what can you do for me that the other can't?

I'm in the business of BUYING things. If I don't like the price of whatever part, I go elsewhere, my main supplier knows this. He does everything in his power to give me the lowest price(and it shows) because I buy in volume and he know's he isn't the only game in town.

I can't give my own opinion of the banquet as I've never been. Just based on the rumblings of other people and my plans for the weekend, I'll probably skip it.
I have spent over 30 years min purchasing..... and the good old supply and demand factor is what is happening here.

There is no property centrally located like Fontana, that can handle our spring group.

We could split up amongst various cheap hotels in Townsend or Alcoa, and not have a banquet or Friday night get together. Then we could lower the registration fee... but lose most of the fun times!

Not sure what type of meets/events your friends are used to.... but I'd bet the Dragon events are a heck of a lot better.....

I am an S2000 owner, and have been paying the registration fes since 2001.... I have no problem with that.

AMEN....Same here... except I have only been attending ALL the Dragon events, since 2003.... missing 1.. because we were in South Dakota for another S2K meet...
Old 03-26-2015, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Originally Posted by Mack21' timestamp='1427393576' post='23555654

I've been talking about dragon vets... I'm not friends with many of the rookies, they're too wishy washy and wreck or "stance" their cars. I've made plenty of friendships that will last beyond the car with people that have been in the community much much much longer than I have...

I've been talked into the banquet. I may grace you all with my presence..
Old 03-26-2015, 05:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well we ARE in the south do it should be sweet tea and bbq.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:46 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by CitadelBlue

Well we ARE in the south do it should be sweet tea and bbq.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:33 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,135 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by Mack21
Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000' timestamp='1427404767' post='23555998
[quote name='Mack21' timestamp='1427393576' post='23555654']

I've been talking about dragon vets... I'm not friends with many of the rookies, they're too wishy washy and wreck or "stance" their cars. I've made plenty of friendships that will last beyond the car with people that have been in the community much much much longer than I have...

[/quote]
You realize that you have to register to attend the banquet, right? It's part of the registration.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kgf3076
Originally Posted by Mack21' timestamp='1427418408' post='23556246
[quote name='Lovetodrive2000' timestamp='1427404767' post='23555998']
[quote name='Mack21' timestamp='1427393576' post='23555654']

[/quote]
You realize that you have to register to attend the banquet, right? It's part of the registration.
[/quote]

I noticed that in the breakdown of registration costs. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In regards to the group rate selling point there have been years I've registered and gotten a lower rate through other means (military). I understand a lot of people can't get the military rate but I have heard from others that AAA members get the same discount as military which is cheaper than the group rate given with registering.

Quick Reply: RtD Transparency