Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

RtD Transparency

Old 03-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

People if you don't like it get involved thats the only way to make things better. But 2 weeks before the event really. I really enjoy getting together with old friends and making new friends with the same interest the S2000. That is what its all about in my book. You should be preparing the car for the event not asking questions about transparency at this time. As we all know you won't be able to please everyone all the time. If food is an issue just let Ken take you to one of his favorite eating establishment and you will enjoy a great meal. I'm sure Ken would love to take you. Hope this will clam down so that we all can enjoy the event. See everyone very soon and be safe on your road trip to FV. Later BD
Old 03-27-2015, 06:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by darcyw
See, the cost doesn't really bother me when i can't even remember what I paid. Whatever the entry fee is, its worth every penny to me. keep up the great work! darcy
^Exactly!

I registered the day registration opened and I don't remember what I paid either.
I just know that I have been looking forward to this trip every single day since I got home from last year's event.
Highlight of my year for sure.
See you soon!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jvf1
Originally Posted by darcyw
See, the cost doesn't really bother me when i can't even remember what I paid. Whatever the entry fee is, its worth every penny to me. keep up the great work! darcy
^Exactly!

I registered the day registration opened and I don't remember what I paid either.
I just know that I have been looking forward to this trip every single day since I got home from last year's event.
Highlight of my year for sure.
See you soon!
Same! You were the third to register out of everyone. Cost doesn't bother me, it's the event that I go for. This event is costing me way more than I thought it would, but that will never stop me .
Old 03-27-2015, 10:56 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,135 Likes on 768 Posts

All right, here's my take-away from all of this flying bovine excreta:

- Some people think I'm getting rich and taking advantage.
While I certainly wish I was getting rich and making tons of money doing this, it ain't happening.

- Some people think the food costs are too high.
I happen to be in that group, but if you're a captive audience, you unfortunately pay the going rate.

- Some people have great ideas.
They're the ones I want to see participate in the planning. Where were you in September when planning started for RtD2015? It's hard to implement ideas that aren't shared.

- Some people think putting this together is a 15 minute job and then you spend the rest of your time, goofing off and having lots of fun.
Ummm, no. The concern (there's that word again) doesn't stop until the last car has safely left. Then the planning starts for the next meet.

With all of that being said, we will have a great meet. We always do because it's the cars and the people and the shared experiences. And with that, I'll see you at Fontana. Drive carefully.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:45 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,867 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Locking this now, any further discussions can happen at Fontana.