Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

RtD Transparency

Old 03-27-2015, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Originally Posted by Mack21' timestamp='1427480374' post='23557171
[quote name='zenairdave' timestamp='1427479787' post='23557153']
My funnest S2000 event of the year is just a few days away and I paid my money and am coming to enjoy it. Can we stop wasting time on the cost of a fun weekend and get back to why the event exists... Its a LOT of fun. Period

Members are having a discussion on how to change the event to make it better for the group. Have any suggestions?

I've only heard great things about the ballpark meet up, everyone seems super pumped to go there. The only grumblings that I've heard are about the banquet, which just so happens to be 67% of the cost of the event. WTD/RTD is the event, the rest of the stuff is filler to get people together for a common purpose.

I've said we should consider 2 ball park nights. Who cares about having a PA and projector. If you really want to hear Ken speak, I can have him call me and let him speak through the bluetooth sound system in my car. You can hear him miles away...

Double ballpark night pros-
-Burgers and dogs (everyone knows what to expect with burgers and dogs, they literally can not be messed up with a mediocre cook)
-Considerably cheaper
-We're surrounded by our cars, we can actually take a peak from afar and see that they are still there. I do it in restaurants, can't do that in the banquet room
-If someone farts nearby, it's instantly wafted away into the atmosphere, you don't have to sit in the fart

Cons-
-Potential for the R word
-Bug bites
How many of the Dragon events have you attended?

Normally, by 8:00 on Friday night, it is 45-50 degrees out....and then the sun goes down.... I would prefer to not be standing out in these temps, talking to people for an extended time.

Not sure who you are talking to, but the banquet is a blast, being able to go talk to 100-200 of your friends, going from table to table.....

Yes, the banquet needs some help..... door prizes would really make it more enjoyable.....would YOU be willing to take this on to help out?

Maybe we should start a poll, to see if the banquet is wanted?

[/quote]

Read the thread before jumping in.

Thanks for the suggestion on how to make the banquet more enjoyable.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:24 PM

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

1. Sponsorship reduces cost of the events likely why the referenced FIAT event is $50 and not $67.
2. the BBQ/beer swap/camp fire is lots of fun. The food is as expected for a BBQ. Want something more than burgers/hot dogs? be prepared to pay more.
3. The banquet is fine and I enjoy the food, camaraderie, stories of people's drives, memories, onsite s2000 vendor.
4. If anyone has ever organized something of this magnitude before- ie. a wedding, non profit event etc. the price/plate sounds about right. The last non-profit banquet i helped organize in November cost $50/person including food/space rental/AV equipment rental.

5. I like the t-shirt, but i want the sponsors to be on it as well.

All in all, the event is excellent. Really excellent. I have no issues with the organization or organizer of the event- I think he/they do a stellar job. Fontana is an excellent location.

If someone has an issue with the event, VOLUNTEER to help out and make the event what you envision it to be. Then you'll really see what goes into the production.

see you in a few
darcy
Old 03-27-2015, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by darcyw
1. Sponsorship reduces cost of the events likely why the referenced FIAT event is $50 and not $67.
2. the BBQ/beer swap/camp fire is lots of fun. The food is as expected for a BBQ. Want something more than burgers/hot dogs? be prepared to pay more.
3. The banquet is fine and I enjoy the food, camaraderie, stories of people's drives, memories, onsite s2000 vendor.
4. If anyone has ever organized something of this magnitude before- ie. a wedding, non profit event etc. the price/plate sounds about right. The last non-profit banquet i helped organize in November cost $50/person including food/space rental/AV equipment rental.

5. I like the t-shirt, but i want the sponsors to be on it as well. Want to attract more sponsors to help defray the cost, they'll want to be seen on the t-shirt. Its called advertising and it works.

All in all, the event is excellent. Really excellent. I have no issues with the organization or organizer of the event- I think he/they do a stellar job. Fontana is an excellent location.

If someone has an issue with the event, VOLUNTEER to help out and make the event what you envision it to be. Then you'll really see what goes into the production.

see you in a few
darcy
Thanks for the great feedback darcy. I think Ricky and myself will definitely help carry some of the load next year. I have worked with a forum sponsor for a Mid-Atlantic event in the past and I think he'd be happy to assist in the future.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:41 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

WOW!
Old 03-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 226 Likes on 143 Posts

I'm willing to help in any way I can.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,867 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Originally Posted by darcyw

darcy
The Fiat event @ $50 includes a tshirt, correct figures are $50 vs $92. Just clarifying.

Yes, sponsorships help tremendously towards the costs, perhaps we could look into that for next time.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:41 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The fiat rate is for 1 car! That means 2 people.

It's $50 bucks vs over $150 bucks if you include 1 tshirt for us.

From their registration page:

REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
(Weekend pass covers driver and passengers for all activities and two dinners)
Old 03-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
WOW!

If I were Ken, I would be throwing my hands up in the air about now. This whole discussion is completely &%&ing ridiculous. (IMO)
Old 03-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,135 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by Scooterboy' timestamp='1427492470' post='23557475
WOW!

If I were Ken, I would be throwing my hands up in the air about now. This whole discussion is completely &%&ing ridiculous. (IMO)
Thanks Gene. It passed the logic point about 3 days ago.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by SkiLLeDS2000
The fiat rate is for 1 car! That means 2 people.

It's $50 bucks vs over $150 bucks if you include 1 tshirt for us.

From their registration page:

REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
(Weekend pass covers driver and passengers for all activities and two dinners)
What are they eating? McDonald's?

I'd imagine it's all this extra hassle that had Raul want to back out of being organizer those short years ago.

Quick Reply: RtD Transparency