Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Know the Laws in MD, VA, NC, TN

Old 04-01-2015 | 05:36 AM

Good post. No good reason to drive like an asshat on your way to the dragon. Wait until you get there

I tend to stick to 7-8 over and that usually lets you just cruise on by without any issues in just about any state. I thought a few years ago VA changed the anything 20 over down to anything 15 over the limit? The reckless over 80 is still the same.

And remember if you get pulled over to be polite. Most cops are good and they probably had a reason to pull you over in the first place.
Old 04-01-2015 | 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
And remember if you get pulled over to be polite. Most cops are good and they probably had a reason to pull you over in the first place.
This right here. Take your sunglasses/hat off, cut the car off, and don't argue/be polite.
Old 04-01-2015 | 07:31 AM

Just a little piece of advice for everyone driving through Virginia. We group drive, and usually have 1 guy still running a detector, ready to unplug and throw in his glove box, but more than one of us uses the smartphone app "Waze". It's a user reporting app for police, traffic, weather, and incidents. Keep in mind, it does use data, and a decent amount, but it is extremely valuable and hasn't let me down yet. Particularly helpful for people who don't have radar detectors, or don't want to run them in Virginia (and with good reason).

Safe travels on the way down everyone. Stay alert, stay safe, and see you there
Old 04-02-2015 | 09:19 AM
Community Organizer
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by TheStigSC
Just a little piece of advice for everyone driving through Virginia. We group drive, and usually have 1 guy still running a detector, ready to unplug and throw in his glove box, but more than one of us uses the smartphone app "Waze". It's a user reporting app for police, traffic, weather, and incidents. Keep in mind, it does use data, and a decent amount, but it is extremely valuable and hasn't let me down yet. Particularly helpful for people who don't have radar detectors, or don't want to run them in Virginia (and with good reason).

Safe travels on the way down everyone. Stay alert, stay safe, and see you there
Waze
Old 04-02-2015 | 10:14 AM

Blount County writes reckless driving tickets without a visual. If you "Sound" or look like you were going fast they can write you one. Ask me know I know. Be safe out there
Old 04-02-2015 | 10:56 AM

Warning for Waze users. I've read on different forums and in the reviews as of late for Waze, cops are starting to use it and posting fake reports.
Old 04-02-2015 | 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Redline S2K
Warning for Waze users. I've read on different forums and in the reviews as of late for Waze, cops are starting to use it and posting fake reports.
From my experience with Waze, I use it to slow myself down from the typical 9mph over I travel, as another safety measure.
Old 04-02-2015 | 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Redline S2K
I've only heard about that down your way so far, and they are trying to stop them from creating false reports. Still, good info to have.
Old 04-02-2015 | 03:30 PM
Community Organizer
10 Year Member

Being respectful only gets you so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLIl-eSuTA
Old 04-02-2015 | 03:42 PM

Those reports get clicked off quickly. That's the beauty of the system.

Quick Reply: Know the Laws in MD, VA, NC, TN