Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

DBR9 - 2009 Event Registration Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face DBR9 - 2009 Event Registration Thread

When: September 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th
Where: Fontana Village Resort, Fontana Dam, NC
Registration ENDS 9/5/09

DBR9 (DragonBall Run 2009), our 9th annual Honda S2000 event on the famous Dragon! 318 curves in 11 miles and plenty of opportunity to socialize with other S2000 enthusiasts. Located in the beautiful mountains of NC/TN, this is an event not to be missed! (Links to Dragon area information are listed below)

Our event starts September 17th (Thursday) and ends on September 20th (Sunday). A quick itinerary is included below (a complete detailed itinerary will be emailed to you before the event and will be available when you arrive).

This year's event will feature all-inclusive ticket pricing. Details below:

DRIVER - $55
Includes: Dinner on Saturday (Fontana Village Resort), Event T-Shirt, Magnet, Lanyard with Nametag and applicable PayPal/Google Checkout Fees.

PASSENGER - $30
Includes: Dinner on Saturday (Fontana Village Resort), Lanyard with Nametag and applicable PayPal/Google Checkout Fees.

EXTRA EVENT T-SHIRTS - $20
Extra Event T-Shirts available to order.

These fees will cover set up costs for all items including tents and tables for our ball park gathering.

Make your HOTEL RESERVATIONS by calling Fontana Village Resort at 800.849.2258 and use code: HONDA DRAGONBALL RUN EVENT. Generous discounts have been provided for those who utilize our Group Discount. The link below provides additional Fontana information, including accommodation descriptions, maps and directions.

Link to Fontana Village: http://www.fontanavillage.com

Use this MAP to identify rooms/areas on the resort:
http://www.fontanavillage.com/maps/villagelegend.pdf

QUICK ITINERARY
(Complete DETAILED itinerary will be emailed to you prior to the event)

Thursday, September 17th - First official day of the event. Many folks come early to get some great runs on the Dragon. DBR9 Staff will be arriving on this day and available for any questions, etc. Not a whole lot is organized on this day, so plan on lunch and dinner to be on your own. Lots of choices on Fontana's property or nearby in Robbinsville.

Friday, September 18th - Lots of Dragon driving and be sure to check out surrounding roads for a great time. More folks will arrive on this day. Plan to attend the gathering which will be held at the Ball Park on Fontana. We'll have tables and tents set up. Be sure to wear your lanyard and nametag to join in (this will serve as your dinner pass for the event weekend). Lots of great times to be had.

Saturday, September 19th - The official "DAY" of the event. We'll roll out from Fontana as a large S2000 group - great for video lovers and those wanting great pics of all the S2000s. Dragon driving...and lots of it is on the agenda. Lunch options include Deal's Gap, Fontana Village Resort and Tallassee Store. Check out a variety of Group Drives (these will be organized drives on various roads surrounding the Dragon). If you choose not to do any of the drives, you are welcome to continue driving the Dragon, explore the area on your own or go back to relax at Fontana. Dinner will be served at the Fontana Resort. We'll enjoy a buffet style dinner.

Sunday, September 20th - Say goodbye to fellow S2000 enthusiasts. Some folks will be driving the Dragon (I know, we're crazy people), but the majority will be leaving on this day.

We look forward to seeing you on the Dragon!

Additional Area Information:
www.tailofthedragon.com
www.dealsgap.com

Ready to Register? Click on the link below:

Old 07-24-2009, 08:52 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Registered!!

And Fireplace Room booked!!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in! but not yet registered.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:13 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Registered!

Glad I made it before Raul closed the registration!

On the way to the garage to start the car and get ready to leave to go to it!!!!
Old 07-25-2009, 03:37 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm in.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:10 AM

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

We're in...& room is booked ( since we left the "Wake" )
Old 07-25-2009, 04:50 AM

Poolside cabanas have gone up a lot since last time. I used the DBR code and still the rate is $169.00+ tx.

I guess they know they are the only game in town.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:54 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They've been making a lot of improvements to the property...so I anticipate the prices to rise. They are in the middle of remodeling the Wildwood Grill...they've added a wrap around porch. They have also shed the "Hellbender" motorcycle image and they are going with a wholesome family theme...which makes more $$$ and sense.

We can afford it, right? We own impractical two seater roadsters.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by airgate,Jul 25 2009, 08:54 AM
They've been making a lot of improvements to the property...so I anticipate the prices to rise. They are in the middle of remodeling the Wildwood Grill...they've added a wrap around porch. They have also shed the "Hellbender" motorcycle image and they are going with a wholesome family theme...which makes more $$$ and sense.

We can afford it, right? We own impractical two seater roadsters.
Well, OK then
Old 07-25-2009, 05:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Registered for DBR9 & lodge room! I can verify too that the code is working correctly with them and applying a nice discount (seems we are receiving weekday rate for weekend stay -- Great job Raul & Co., Inc. )

I'll be bringing my mom, Sharon, with me this go 'round .

So ya'll be sure to say, "Hi Sharon!" when you meet her!

^^^ There she is...well...behind the passenger-side mirror . Kinda got a 'killroy' look goin' on there huh?

- Dave

Quick Reply: DBR9 - 2009 Event Registration Thread