Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Days 'til DBR'06

Old 08-22-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Things arent looking so good for me and the car. i hate to say it.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:38 PM

NOOOOOO

What's happening?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Community Organizer

Geez.. everything wrong that could...

1st, due to a fowl up at State Farm, I paid my insurance on time but they didn't record it. and allowed it to lapse as of Aug 1st. I was unaware of this until the morning of the 19th, the day AFTER my wreck. My agent has been all over this as has thier own investigators... but right now, because they took payment and let it lapse they are 100% liable tfor all costs related to my accident, including the fees I am guessing will be here soon from the HWY dept.

This issue will be cleared up as State Farm does NOT want me to sue. I am not worried, it just delays things as the body shop is waiting on state farm's investigation to finish.

Then... I was informed today that I cracked a rim. well, thats all fine and good except I didn't have OEM rims on, I had EU/JDM rims....... and those aren't easy to come by here in the states..... as well as other Japan market parts (which won't be hard to find if they just let me do it)... so there are more hang-ups.

Then.... $$$. I have no clue what all of this in the end will cost me... so things arent looking good. I am still working my butt off for it though, even if I can't make it. Sign another sponsor today, event logos are complete and the Tshirts are about to be printed, event signs are done, ect.ect.... plus keeping up with late registrants and so on.

It'll suck if I can't make it but what can you do ya know.....
Old 08-22-2006, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mulder ATO,Aug 22 2006, 06:04 PM
Geez.. everything wrong that could...

1st, due to a fowl up at State Farm, I paid my insurance on time but they didn't record it. and allowed it to lapse as of Aug 1st. I was unaware of this until the morning of the 19th, the day AFTER my wreck. My agent has been all over this as has thier own investigators... but right now, because they took payment and let it lapse they are 100% liable tfor all costs related to my accident, including the fees I am guessing will be here soon from the HWY dept.

This issue will be cleared up as State Farm does NOT want me to sue. I am not worried, it just delays things as the body shop is waiting on state farm's investigation to finish.

Then... I was informed today that I cracked a rim. well, thats all fine and good except I didn't have OEM rims on, I had EU/JDM rims....... and those aren't easy to come by here in the states..... as well as other Japan market parts (which won't be hard to find if they just let me do it)... so there are more hang-ups.

Then.... $$$. I have no clue what all of this in the end will cost me... so things arent looking good. I am still working my butt off for it though, even if I can't make it. Sign another sponsor today, event logos are complete and the Tshirts are about to be printed, event signs are done, ect.ect.... plus keeping up with late registrants and so on.

Damn.. I'm sorry to hear that man. Even if you can't make the event in the S2000 try to make it just to hang out. Honestly, I go about 10% for the driving, 90% for the people!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Community Organizer

True... just sucks to have to hitchhike to the dragon. I should get an award for that!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the hitchhike..
Old 08-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

might be doing that as well
Old 08-23-2006, 03:39 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulder ATO,Aug 22 2006, 06:04 PM
There will be plenty of people to catch rides with, and I'm some folks will let you drive their cars on the Dragon. Even if your car isn't there, it will still be fun

Sorry to hear about all the crap you're going through
Old 08-23-2006, 04:11 AM
Community Organizer

Yeah true.. I just hate to become a burdon... would much rather have my own. Just got to keep my fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: Days 'til DBR'06