Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Days 'til DBR'06

Old 09-06-2006, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Sep 6 2006, 07:21 AM
Hyundai Excel came to the states in 1986. Kia's showed up in 1994 and Hyundai bought most of their shares in 1998. The first Hyundai's were crap, but so were the first Toyotas (Toyota actually pulled out of the United States once - they're on their second run now). Many Hyundai's are already amongst Toyota and Honda in quality......I think what you meant to say is "reputation for quality". Unfortunately, that may be further away than 2010.
Like I said this morning while we were speaking, my bad for the misunderstanding. When stating that I believe Hyundai will be up to part with Toyota and Honda by 2010, I was speaking in reputation versus quality. Hyundai has definitely shown over the past few years that they can compete in quality, without question.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:22 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm not going to have the car back in time.

I went to look at it again yesterday, they(not Honda) have damaged both seats, center console, and door panel. I called my insurance adjuster this morning and told him it the car wasn't moved to another show (ABW) I was pulling it out of the body shop myself, parting it out, and buying another one. I refuse to take the car fro the current bodyshop as I have absolutly NO confidence whatsoever in their ability to properly repair it. Ontop of that, its almost been a month and all they have done is damage the car and not repair anything.... AND they have treated me like I know absolutly NOTHING about the car.

They piss me off enough I'll buy the first damn S2000 I can find... I have had it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very sorry to hear about that. If that shop is one that is on the preferred shop list of the insurance company, you should call the supervisor and let him know the problem you have. They can bring all kinds of pressure to bear on those incompetent bastards.
I would start shopping for another S2K now. I dont want to see you as a passenger at the dragon. That would be too much.
Good luck.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mulder ATO,Sep 6 2006, 07:46 AM

I went to look at it again yesterday, they(not Honda) have damaged both seats, center console, and door panel. I called my insurance adjuster this morning and told him it the car wasn't moved to another show (ABW) I was pulling it out of the body shop myself, parting it out, and buying another one. I refuse to take the car fro the current bodyshop as I have absolutly NO confidence whatsoever in their ability to properly repair it. Ontop of that, its almost been a month and all they have done is damage the car and not repair anything.... AND they have treated me like I know absolutly NOTHING about the car.

They piss me off enough I'll buy the first damn S2000 I can find... I have had it!

Sorry to hear about that man, I really am. Hope everything works out for the best...
Old 09-06-2006, 05:45 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulder ATO,Sep 6 2006, 07:46 AM

Wow - if you can get a new car out of this fiasco, that would be awesome - never seen it happen before, but I'd like to

Anytime you have to deal with a bodyshop or insurance, it sucks
Old 09-06-2006, 06:10 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I should call Jeff and see what info he has on 07s.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:40 AM

Picked up the Evo8 from the shop yesterday evening, power steering is fixed. He said they found metal shavings in the pump, not sure how that could have got there...

Eithery way I looked at the bill... over $900. Oh thank Heaven for the factory warranty.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, I talked to that darn body shop this morning. They said there is no reason why I shouldn't have my car back next week. The running bill thus far.... $5,723.89 (that doesn't include labor from Honda for the R&P). Does anyone else see this as a bit excessive for the damage done?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:15 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Sep 6 2006, 08:42 AM
Bill Ford was relieved of duty. Maybe this will help them get back on track?
Mullaly did a good job for Boeing over the years, but I'm not sure a different CEO can overcome 15-20 years of neglecting their car line, immense legacy costs, and disinterested consumers.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:16 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulder ATO,Sep 7 2006, 11:05 AM
Well, I talked to that darn body shop this morning. They said there is no reason why I shouldn't have my car back next week. The running bill thus far.... $5,723.89 (that doesn't include labor from Honda for the R&P). Does anyone else see this as a bit excessive for the damage done?
Sounds like a pretty shady deal.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:24 AM

- That's a little bit of cash.

Quick Reply: Days 'til DBR'06