Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Attn: Folks planning to attend DBRXI

Old 05-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Attn: Folks planning to attend DBRXI

If you're planning to attend the 11th annual DragonBall Run event being held this September, please review the information below:

Basic Info:

WHAT: DBRXI - 11th annual DragonBall Run Honda S2000 Event
WHERE: Event headquarters will be at the newly renovated Tapoco Lodge located directly off of US 129 in NC
WHEN: September 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th, 2011

Due to size and limitation for banquet facilities, DBRXI WILL BE LIMITED TO 75 TOTAL PEOPLE.
Only 75 TOTAL registration slots will be made available for DBRXI 2011.

DO NOT CALL the Tapoco Lodge now to reserve a room as their system is NOT up and running.
As soon as it is, we will notify you. So that you can start planning, the rates start at $199 per night and INCLUDE breakfast AND dinner for up to 2 people.

The entire property of Tapoco Lodge has been reserved for our event in September, so we will have ALL ROOMS available to us. In the event of overflow, 30 cabins have been reserved at Fontana Village Resort (less than 15 minutes away - driving conservatively).

Registration for DBRXI will be different than in years past.

REGISTRATION FEE for DBRXI will ONLY cover the following:
  • Event Lanyard, name tag and Saturday banquet
ALL OTHER ITEMS WILL BE A LA CARTE (on the side) and available via an ONLINE STORE for purchase:
  • Event t-shirt
  • Event magnet
  • Other items with the event logo
With the limitation on this year's event, ALL MEALS will be 'ON YOUR OWN.' The only meal included with registration will be Saturday night's banquet hosted within the Tapoco Lodge.

Thank you for taking the time to review this information concerning DBRXI 2011. Registration via Eventbrite will be made available JUNE 13th, 2011. Bear in mind at that time you may only be able to actually REGISTER online for the event and make your purchases via the online store for actual event merchandise and you may NOT be able to complete lodging accommodation until later --- please understand that Tapoco is working as quickly as possible to have their system up and running. Oh...and yes, there's FREE WiFi at Tapoco! Should you have any questions, please post here or join the conversation on Facebook at:

DBR on Facebook
Old 05-28-2011, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-28-2011, 06:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm confused, the room rate includes breakfast and dinner but the registration fee will also include a banquet dinner? Will there be a lower cost option just for the room at Tapoco with no meals included?
Old 05-28-2011, 06:20 AM

I'll be going but I might not stay at tapoco lodge that's crazy expensive
Old 05-28-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by frei
I'll be going but I might not stay at tapoco lodge that's crazy expensive
i hope thats a typo and raulo meant to put 99...if not, i can probably swing friday and sat at tapoco(or more maybe with a roommate), and the rest of the week at the microtel
Old 05-28-2011, 06:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2k Dude
I'm confused, the room rate includes breakfast and dinner but the registration fee will also include a banquet dinner? Will there be a lower cost option just for the room at Tapoco with no meals included?
Double dinner on Saturday?
Old 05-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Former Moderator

Great question Dave...and one that I had literally just sent after creating this post over to Sheila to see if we could make some adjustments. So yes, Tapoco's rate includes Breakfast _AND_ Dinner each day. The dinner is considered 5 star, so it's supposed to be "good eatin'!" The rates start at $199 and include up to 2 people. Extra folks are $89 per night. It is more expensive than Fontana...but you have to consider the meals and the upgraded accommodations, closeness to the Dragon, etc.

What I'm thinking is for folks staying at Tapoco, they'll pay the rate and have meals (except lunch) included and we'll still organize a Saturday banquet but only for those staying at Tapoco. We can try to organize an after-banquet social allowing everyone to participate and enjoy the festivities.

Bear in mind that ONLY cabins are left for Fontana (they have a big event taking all of the lodge rooms, etc) so the cost is in-line somewhat with Tapoco and don't forget the meals portion of the value.

Ok, so all that said...we'll keep you posted on making a change where registration ONLY covers your event lanyard and name tag. If you want to eat dinner on Saturday night at Tapoco, you have to stay there...and that shouldn't be a big deal at all...that would also allow us to open the event to more cars/people but still limit it to say 75~80 which is pretty much in-line with past DBRs.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:29 AM
Former Moderator

Oh...and I forgot to mention that the rate WOULD be adjusted for those on Saturday night given that your registration was covering the meal...Tapoco was going to credit the meal portion for that night only...but let's see if we can come to terms with a new plan and we'll keep you posted.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2k Dude
Good question. YES the Saturday night room rate will be reduced per person as the event registration will cover the banquet Saturday night. That way, if folks choose to stay elsewhere, we are all still together for dinner and fun on Sat night.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by airgate
Great question Dave...and one that I had literally just sent after creating this post over to Sheila to see if we could make some adjustments. So yes, Tapoco's rate includes Breakfast _AND_ Dinner each day. The dinner is considered 5 star, so it's supposed to be "good eatin'!" The rates start at $199 and include up to 2 people. Extra folks are $89 per night. It is more expensive than Fontana...but you have to consider the meals and the upgraded accommodations, closeness to the Dragon, etc.

What I'm thinking is for folks staying at Tapoco, they'll pay the rate and have meals (except lunch) included and we'll still organize a Saturday banquet but only for those staying at Tapoco. We can try to organize an after-banquet social allowing everyone to participate and enjoy the festivities.

Bear in mind that ONLY cabins are left for Fontana (they have a big event taking all of the lodge rooms, etc) so the cost is in-line somewhat with Tapoco and don't forget the meals portion of the value.

Ok, so all that said...we'll keep you posted on making a change where registration ONLY covers your event lanyard and name tag. If you want to eat dinner on Saturday night at Tapoco, you have to stay there...and that shouldn't be a big deal at all...that would also allow us to open the event to more cars/people but still limit it to say 75~80 which is pretty much in-line with past DBRs.
raul, what if we only stay at tapoco say fri and sat, and spend the week elsewhere, say the microtel or fontana?

Quick Reply: Attn: Folks planning to attend DBRXI