Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Unleashed

Old 05-14-2005, 06:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Unleashed

Unleashed was an enjoyable movie. Good production quality and fairly solid story.

Jet Li put together a convincing performance which essentially required him to be very childlike in many aspects. Morgan Freeman's presence in the movie is really what kept it so solid. With out him to validate this movie and it's characters the movie would have been much less enjoyable. Bob Hoskins also did a very good job of being a slimeball. His character was one of the most well thought out in the movie.

As always Wo Ping does a bang up job with the fighting and Jet Li makes it all look fluid and believable. As with any movie like this you would expect the fight scenes to drive the movie and story line, this does that with ease.

I don't know if I would describe Unleashed as action-packed. There was a decent amount of action but the main focus was the development of Jet Li's character Danny. They spent a very long time trying to establish a link between the audience and the path to normality that his character was taking. I don't know that I ever felt this link so in some respects the movie was lacking because the time which was spent watching him "grow up" wasnt being used to it's fullest extent.

If you are a Jet Li fan, or if you just enjoy a good fight movie. Unleashed is worth breaking that 10 spot. If you don't fall into either category, it will be a very enjoyable rental.

7.8/10
Old 05-14-2005, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just saw it last night thought it was pretty good kinda boring when the family took in danny but other than that pretty cool movie....i think one of the best fight in the movie was in the bathroom in the tiny ass space
Old 05-15-2005, 07:27 PM

i went into the theatre without any expectations - and boy i was impressed. very cool movie indeed.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was it just me or was the sound on this movie F'd up?!!! I was sooo pissed!

I was expecting dolby or THX surround sound with loud music and impact but got some crappy ass sound during the entire movie.

Did anyone else notice this or was it just my theatre?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:25 PM

i didn't really pay much attention to the sound
Old 05-17-2005, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by SIIK2NR,May 16 2005, 03:41 PM
Was it just me or was the sound on this movie F'd up?!!! I was sooo pissed!

I was expecting dolby or THX surround sound with loud music and impact but got some crappy ass sound during the entire movie.

Did anyone else notice this or was it just my theatre?
I saw the movie and noticed that the volume seemed a little lower than usual. But I chalked it up to my theater, because the previews also seemed a little more muted than normal...

I thought this was a pretty good action flick. Although most of the fighting scenes were near the beginning and end, the stuff in between had a better storyline and more humor than most action movies. Bart did seem to have a bit of fetish for gettin' his groove on on top of Danny's cage, though.