Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Triple X

Old 08-12-2002 | 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kinda disappointing even with all the hype. I wonder how they got Samuel L. Jackson IMO one of the most underated actors to play a part

It was entertaining but can wait until a buck .50 screening or dvd rental
Old 08-12-2002 | 07:11 AM

I went to go see this movie last night. It was pretty entertaining. I think the movie was meant to take themes from James Bond movies and take them to the "extreme". They couldn't pull it off though, cause the script wasn't good at all and the acting was marginal. Some of the action scenes were exciting to watch. Overall, it was a stupid movie, but I'm glad I went to see it. Its a fun film, but I highly doubt it will be up for many academy awards.
Old 08-12-2002 | 11:36 AM

Originally posted by funsdead
Samuel L. Jackson IMO one of the most underated actors
See, now I know everybody has an opinion about things. S. L. Jackson IMHO, outside of his role in Pulp Fiction, in which his overacting, self absorbed style played into the part, is one of the single WORST actors I have seen on the screen today in any high-budget film.

He reads his lines in 95% of the flicks I have seen him in, and this movie is no exception. This guy goes in the Charles Bronsen catagory for me "People who must know somebody in the business" to get a part.

He just bugs me!
Old 08-12-2002 | 12:04 PM

Our 13 year old saw it and loved it. He said I have to go. On the other hand he said my wife wouldn't like it because it was all action. LOL It sounds like this is definitely a kid flick.
Old 08-12-2002 | 02:06 PM

I agree and disagree with stbrnd at the same time. I don't think Sammy Jackson is the best actor on the planet, but i would be a liar if I said that none of his performances in film kept my attention. I think of him as a louder, rougher (and frankly, funnier) Laurence Fishburne. Someone I consider to be an outstanding actor.
Old 08-12-2002 | 03:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its kinda like camp... its so bad, you kinda like it.

just a fun movie, but a one sentence summary of the movie: How many X-Games events can we get Vin Deisel to do?
Old 08-13-2002 | 06:38 AM
BMF

Over all I thought the movie was worthy of picking up on DVD.
There were times when the movie was just "stretching it a bit far" I.E. the BMX scenes. Other than I actually thought the movie was pretty good. Not great but pretty good.
Old 08-14-2002 | 08:14 AM

I thought it was a lot of fun. Since it was from the same crew that made F-n-F, I figured it would suck and I was honestly entertained. I didn't go expected to see good acting or a great script, and overall I thought it delivered. The music rocked, the action was exciting (altho I agree some of it was "yeah, right") - Probably not worth paying for a ticket, but I'm sure it's better in the theater than it will be on the small screen. Maybe a good matinee movie.
Old 08-15-2002 | 11:18 AM

i thought it was pretty fun. at least vin diesel took off his shirt, that was definitely worth my 6 bucks
Old 08-15-2002 | 07:18 PM

total action flick, but i agree w/ PlasticTHUG's comment, on the "new type of secret agent" thing.. what happened with that? its like james bond meets Arnold Schwarzenegger.. liked some of the action sequences, but when the movie was done and over with, i was juss kindathinking... "eh...could've been better".

Quick Reply: Triple X