Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Triple X

Old 08-09-2002 | 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Triple X

I watched the Triple X last night courtesy of my friend at local AMC theater.
There is some decent action scenes but frankly the movie wasn't good at all.
There is one thing that is going for in this movie, that it is damn loud. Loud enough that my ears were ringing afterwards.
A guilty pleasure movie like this should have tons of gore and sex(nudity) but sadly none are present.
I fell asleep during some parts but I don't think I will see this again until it comes out in dvd.

When it comes out in dvd, at least I will buy it for its reference quality in
testing subwoofers.

I know many will watch this, so add your comment after you see it.

Bourne Identity was much much better than this.
Old 08-09-2002 | 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It just looks terrible.

Vin D. was so good in Private Ryan and then he made that absolute piece of steaming defecation Fast N Furious garbage.

At least he got paid $20MM for XXX. You gotta love this country.
Old 08-10-2002 | 08:13 PM

I sat in the front row because it was packed... I hate sitting in the front row.... I spent $6 to watch this... it was ok, but it just annoyed me on some parts... don't want to ruin it for some people, but there were some stupid things taken out of F-N-F... why couldn't the freaking Director be creative and like just... easily replaced those things. Vin is a DECENT actor... hard to say who is better... him or The Rock lol. There were some slow parts during the movie as well (almost every movie has that right?) So I joked around with my friends and stuff... worst part is that someone brought a freaking BABY in there and arghhhhh... oh well...
Old 08-10-2002 | 08:18 PM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by PlasticTHUG
worst part is that someone brought a freaking BABY in there and arghhhhh... oh well...
I hate that. It's like, get a babysitter for GOD's sake. Especially for a movie that's going to be so loud.
Old 08-10-2002 | 08:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2000raj
[B]

I hate that.
Old 08-11-2002 | 07:46 AM

omg......yeah the movie was so fvcking loud it hurt my ears......
i fell asleep a lot during the movie....it was boring and very bad acting
Old 08-11-2002 | 04:37 PM
Former Moderator

I went to see it just now, and thanks to you guys I knew what to expect, so I liked it because I knew the level of movie it was. Of course sitting next to us was some looser with a baby. Wes that movie was loud as hell. I loved the castle they had it was beautiful. The snowboarding scene makes me even more wanting the winter here (despite having to drive top up) so I can dust off my snowboard! Another kinda cool thing is that the beginning of the movie was set in sac town.

So my review for those who haven't seen it. 1. LOUD 2. Bad acting 3. Good action 4. Bad dialogue 5. Lack of t and a or hot chickadee's 6. Plot-actually very similar to a James Bond type of criminal and mission.

Overall on my 1-10 scale 5/10
Old 08-11-2002 | 05:11 PM

Originally posted by s2000raj
6. Plot-actually very similar to a James Bond type of criminal and mission.
Yeah wasn't he suppose to be a new type of agent? Just seemed like the updated version of James Bond with no hair and a big ass nose lol
Old 08-11-2002 | 07:55 PM

My wife and I saw it on Saturday, and we were somewhat dissappointed. I have the same opinion as S2000raj. I really feel that the script was weak and should be mostly to blame.

And yes, this was the loudest movie I've heard at my theater.
Old 08-12-2002 | 05:27 AM
Sly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was bad acting, a weak script and exceedingly unbelievable stunts, but, it was ok. Vin had a couple of good one liners and as long as you sat back and didn't think, it wasn't that bad. The best part was watching it in a theatre in Stowe where they serve you cocktails. The scotch may have coloured my perception.

Quick Reply: Triple X