Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

"trainspotting"

Old 07-03-2003 | 12:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "trainspotting"

finally saw it...very interesting... watched in on my computer though need to watch again missed alot of the dialouge.

wasnt sure what to gather from the film but I think that was the point..

point being not to have a greater message just show this story.

anyone read the book?
Old 07-04-2003 | 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a significant equilibrium in the elements of the film. It is a chaotic movie, but at the same time is clear and distinct. It is appauling and yet bareable. GOOD MOVIE!
Old 07-05-2003 | 07:07 AM

I love the soundtrack in this movie
Old 07-05-2003 | 07:09 AM
Former Moderator

I liked the movie, if you liked it you'll probably like lock stock and 2 smoking barrels and Snatch.
Old 07-05-2003 | 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my favorites, definitely good for multiple viewings. The scene with the baby on the ceiling was one of the more disturbing film moments I've ever seen.

The line "We called him Mother Superior due to the length of his habit" has never IMO been surpassed as far as pure wit is concerned in any film... well, maybe "The Dude abides" comes close...
Old 07-11-2003 | 02:00 AM

This movie rocks...

"Choose cars, choose a big tv, choose a comfy job...................but I dont need to choose anything, ive got heroin"

Something like that...i loved this part....you guys know the bit I am refering to.
Old 07-11-2003 | 05:28 PM

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrasment to the selfish, ****ed up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life. But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons there are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin.

So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers, all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person, but that's going to change, I'm going to change. This is the last of this sort of thing. I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm going to be just like you; the job, the family, the ****ing big television, the washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortage, starter home, leisurewear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nineto-five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing the gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die.
Old 07-28-2003 | 12:56 PM

Great movie! I just saw this for the first time last night. I thought it was going to be majorly depressing like Requiem for a Dream but it was pretty entertaining. The baby was pretty disturbing though.
Old 08-13-2003 | 02:32 PM

I liked this movie, but, I'm embarassed to say- I don't remember the baby on the ceiling.
Another "drug" molvie with great lines is Drugstore cowboy
"I loved her, and man, she loved dope,"

Bob: Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the little bottles.

Diane: You won't me and I always have to drive.

vjarenot:
The Big Lebowski has soooo many great lines!