Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

sopranos season finale - well that sucked!

Old 12-08-2002, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sopranos season finale - well that sucked!

i don't know where to begin. it's the best series ever put on t.v., and at it's worst its still better than anything else. but imho the season finale sucked. everything about it.

thats all.

i hope next season (which is supposed to be the last) gives an appropriate performance for the finest series ever broadcast.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you and I are on exactly the same page
Old 12-12-2002, 03:23 PM

the only surprise for me was that tony actually moved (semi) out. i thought this might be one of those situations that would require another whacking to resolve.

i guess i should be used to this. normally the major episodes are one or two prior to the finale. i guess the whacking of ralphie (one of the best episodes and best characters) was really this years pinnacle.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jss2k
[B]i don't know where to begin. it's the best series ever put on t.v., and at it's worst its still better than anything else. but imho the season finale sucked. everything about it.
Old 12-17-2002, 10:39 AM

Originally posted by jss2k
the only surprise for me was that tony actually moved (semi) out. i thought this might be one of those situations that would require another whacking to resolve.

i guess i should be used to this. normally the major episodes are one or two prior to the finale. i guess the whacking of ralphie (one of the best episodes and best characters) was really this years pinnacle.
It didn't really seem like tony even cared too much about the situation......best line of the show: "eh, if you need me i'll be at the plaza." LOL

yes ralphie getting whacked was the pinnacle. Unfortunately they got rid of arguably the most talented actor on the show.
Old 12-17-2002, 10:46 AM

i think next season actually starts in february, so we won't have too long to wait.

Old 01-03-2003, 08:05 AM

The sopranos season 4 finale couldn't come any sooner. Never has a show disappointed me so much. !!!

I think soap operas have better writing. The writers had a complete year and this past season was all they could come up with ?

Basically, the writers started TOO Many stories they couldn't keep up writing for ?

-Melfi's rape - no follow up
-FBI stings ??
-The lack of follow up for Corrado's case
-Esplanade issue with Ralfie
-Repercussions from Jackie Jr.'s last season's death

Too many story lines that should have included were not followed through. And to have characters ended like Dr. Melfi and Furio just like that is simply poor writing.

In the last episode, the writers again deviated from the originally planned script. Originally Furio and Carmela were supposed to get caught "in a kiss" and AJ sees them. AJ tells Meadow and Meadow was supposed to tell Tony on the steps. Tony was then going to bargain for a planned "take out" of Furio in exchange for support against Carmine and Johnny Sack from Italy.

Then Paulie Walnuts was supposed to "whack" Johnny Sack for being fooled into thinking Carmine "asks of him" We only got a glimpse of it ? Instead he kills some old bird !

Now wouldnt that have made for a better episode ? Lord only know why they decided to give us shit instead.

Season Finale has that juror issue with Corrado. However, they'll probably find a way to screw that up too