Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Monks Dual Movie Review: Cold Creek Manor/Cabin Fever *Spoilers*

Old 09-21-2003, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monks Dual Movie Review: Cold Creek Manor/Cabin Fever *Spoilers*

-=COLD CREEK MANOR=-
Staring: Dennis Quade and Sharon Stone
The previews of this movie made it seem to be a great suspense flick to catch with a date. This was a bold faced lie!
The first hour the movie was the most painful, very slow and lacked direction. It starts with a family in the middle of the urban jungle. Sharron Stone goes to work (never find out what she does) and is hit on by her boss. Dennis Quade makes documentaries for a living, the family fed up with the hustle and bustle of the city move to a run down county house. Murders happened in that exact house which is found out about 3/4ths of way though the movie. They kill the bad guy, movie over.
This movie had way to many cut scenes and did not flow together well. The " suspense " piano music could have been written by the people that made the PC game "The 7th Guest". The only thing this movie had going for it was a GREAT preview

The Monk says "Catch it on DVD if you want... I wouldn't"
The Monk gives it 3 out 10 shots.

-=Cabin Fever=-
Staring: Jordan Ladd, Rider Strong and James DeBello
Not seeing the previews I only had what others had told me about this film to go on. I had heard it was a great horror flick.
The over all mood of the film was excellent. However there was no good stopping point. There were many times that I thought the movie was coming to an end but kept on going. The film had more of a twisted theme than horror.
A group of teens finished school and take a vacation to a cabin in a remote area. After settling in a sick man comes to the cabin looking for help. He has a flesh eating disease and the teens scare him off, he comes back wrecks the car, looks for more help, they light him on fire! *YES!!!*. The man falls into a water resiviour and infects the cabins drinking water. Each teen gets the infection, all die. The town ends up getting the infection also and fade to black!

The Monk Says "Catch it with your woman! If not in the theaters, it would also make a GREAT blockbuster night!"
The Monk gives it 6 out 10 shots.