Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Old 06-04-2004, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

So has anyone seen it?? What did you guys think. I want to make sure i'm not the only one who's seen it before i say what I thought about it.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope haven't seen it, but hoping its good, I really like the series so far
Old 06-04-2004, 07:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Best Potter yet!

My wife's b-day was today. We took the day off to be a coupla bums. She gets b-day free-tix from work...so we went to see the 10:30am Azkaban showing here locally. Again, best movie of the three. Never had the desire to read the books...but I felt this movie did the best job of making me *think* during the movie. I'm not going to give anything away...but best thing was figuring out what was going on the second time around while watching the movie . Was also probably nice to see the main characters interact and deal with what was thrown at them at this particular age. It allows the story/movie to work with more sinister, darker issues.

Also really dug the CG work. Nothing beat the CG work with the Hippogriff creature IMO...

Go see this flick. Nice entertainment. Oh...and it managed a legit or two from my wife and I.

Rottentomatoes.com's accumulated critics' reviews

- Dave
Old 06-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Former Moderator

Sweet
Old 06-06-2004, 07:31 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is the only movie we have ever seen on the opening day. While the books are more detailed we LOVED the movie. There were some changes to this movie that stood out as different from the earlier movies but the changes didn't hurt anything. We will see this movie again before it leaves the big screen.

Old 06-06-2004, 04:09 PM

I must admit, I have already seen this movie 2 x's. sad I know. I saw shrek 2 today also and I wasted my money should have seen HP for the 3rd time.

This new Director Alfosno Curan is great. He did give the feel of the movie a lot darker. He didn't add a lot of minor detail which in a way if you didn't read the book (like I did) you wouldn't have noticed a difference. I noticed A LOT of differences and was upset that they didn't put things in certain order and well judging it as a movie bases AWESOMEEEE Total of four thumbs up (Two for each time I saw it). Even though things weren't in order, people who haven't read the books wouldn't notice the difference and got the whole plot of the movie. Only main two things of judging the movie was:

1) I wish they would have explained who Prongs, Padfoot, Wormtail and Moony where. It would have explained SOOO much more for the people who never read the books.

2) I also hoped they would have said the "Expecto Pratonum" charm wasn't a shield, and explain why it takes the form of an Elk.

Over all i'll probably see the movie again in theaters. EXCELLENT!

BTW I am 24 yrs old. My brother whom is 36 loved the movie as well as everyone else i've been to see the movie with.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:58 AM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by CG
This is the only movie we have ever seen on the opening day. While the books are more detailed we LOVED the movie. There were some changes to this movie that stood out as different from the earlier movies but the changes didn't hurt anything. We will see this movie again before it leaves the big screen.

Never knew you were a Harry Potter fan, CG. I like 'em too . I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I hope to very soon.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:15 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tedow
Never knew you were a Harry Potter fan, CG. I like 'em too . I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I hope to very soon.

Yep, we both love to read and when I finally read the 1st book I was hooked. I've read them all at least twice and will see this movie on the big screen at least twice also. Don't miss this one.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:09 AM

Good movie with excellent visual art.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:50 AM

I saw it with a girl I'm dating and her mom, brothers and sister. It's the only Harry Potter movie I've seen and it was entertaining. My girlfriend said I should see the first two H.P. movies and the Prisoner of Azkaban would make more sense. I still enjoyed it though and I'm honestly not into those type of movies.

Quick Reply: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban