Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Frozen

Old 07-14-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frozen

This movie was just plain awful.

Imagine everything that makes Pixar movies great (smart writing, great characters, clever dialogue) and remove it completely.
This movie was so bad, me and the 3 people I watched it with were left scratching our heads, wondering how it's garnered so much praise and adoration. And how it was released at all.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked it. The songs were catchy. Although i didn't like the snowman i wanted to drop kick his head off. othere than that for a kids movie it was decent.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

The movie is okay, the songs are catchy, but it certainly isn't worthy of the praise being heaped upon it. The Lion King is still Disney's best animated movie.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:03 PM

lion king and toy story are way better than this movie
Old 08-12-2014, 08:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a kid's movie. Similar to Brave, it focuses on the relationship between sisters (Brave was mother-daughter), so it didn't resonate with me quite the same as something like Toy Story.

Not sure what's with all the hate, but I thought it was pretty good. Yeah it's pretty hyped, but definitely not deserving of some of the comments.

If you get a chance to watch it, I would recommend it :/
Old 08-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm 100% sure my comment was spot on.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:37 AM

My opinion is also 100% spot on....
Old 08-12-2014, 11:49 AM

I'm glad you liked the movie. It goes without saying (though I'll say it anyway) that movies are subjective and I'm always happy to hear when someone liked a movie I didn't. As a screenwriter I always have to keep my mind open to audiences who don't share my specific paradigm.

Regarding 'the hate' -- I expect the very best from Disney, especially their animated releases.
Through the years, Disney has well solidified themselves as the paragon of animated fare, and not because their films are just 'kids movies.' "The Little Mermaid" and "The Lion King" have a cohesion and singularity that make each frame as relevant today as they day they were released. Hell, you can still watch "The Jungle Book" and not find it dated.

Animated films benefit from a more-relaxed production schedule, and Disney has both the resources and the wherewithal to smooth out every last detail in the script before greenlighting the project. My problem with "Frozen" was that the movie felt disjointed and repetitious, and I had difficulty understanding where the movie was going and why.

I didn't connect with any of the characters, so the lack of good music or clever jokes (those redeeming qualities that will still 'reward' a disconnected viewer) stood out even more.

Not trying to get too into the weeds here, just explaining my original post.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:21 PM

and here i thought the movie sub-forum was dead

I guess I just watch movies a little less serious and unless its mindless drivel made for 3 years olds like a direct to DVD movie, my standards aren't that high and thought it was still good quality.

I certainly agree that Lion King and Little Mermaid and that era was fantastic, but my opinion there is probably skewed because those are my childhood classics, so it's tough to truly compare apples to apples.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:01 PM

This is AMAZING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sEeXN1Lzjo#t=43

Quick Reply: Frozen