Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

The Forbidden Kingdom

Old 04-19-2008, 09:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Forbidden Kingdom

Gotta say I was very pleased with the movie. Having been following both Jackie Chan and Jet Li, especially Jet, I must say they cooperated very well. I thought the movie wasn't gonna be this good when I saw critics' reviews but seriously, I don't think I wanna trust any critics nowadays reviewing action movies anymore. All they do is praise all these non-sense artistic unique movies and nitpicking when it comes to action flicks. WHO CARES IF THE MOVIE OFFERS PLENTY OF GREAT ACTIONS, SCENES THAT MAKE YOU LAUGH, MAKE YOU FEEL PLEASANT WALKING OUT OF THE THEATRE ROOM?

The most memorable scene was indeed the fighting between Jet Li and Jackie Chan, which is what most of us have been waiting to see. I thought Huo Yuan Jia (Fearless) was the last hardcore Gong Fu movie Jet Li was ever going to act due to his aging, but the performance in this one amazed me, so did Jackie. This is a treasure movie really since I think it'll be the first and the last one they will ever act together; I will be so getting the DVD. I've almost watched all the Jet Li movies since his first one, Shaolin Monk, and I must say that I still prefer Jet Li in Chinese movies being a good guy rather than in western movie being a cold-blooded such as in Lethal Weapon, War, etc.

Anyways guys, the theatre was packed, everybody enjoyed, laughed together. It's definitely worth your money.

I SUGGEST YOU GO SEE IT NOW. The trailer will make you think it's nothing too special, but no I guarantee that you will be pleased. Take your gf there, and have a fun laughing time.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fight scene was really good but man the "Rain" scene was FUNNY AS HELL!

And the white haired villain babe is hot!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by IwantanS,Apr 19 2008, 11:24 AM
The fight scene was really good but man the "Rain" scene was FUNNY AS HELL!

And the white haired villain babe is hot!
"Rain" scene was hilarious. There were just too many funny parts.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha i have to agree there was good action and a lot of funny parts so random hahah the white kid just looked akward and funny
Old 04-19-2008, 04:24 PM

lots of unexpected comedic moments it was a nice blend of comedy and action, very good movie
Old 04-19-2008, 07:25 PM

movie was good, but the atmosphere i was in was a little different from what i'm usually in. the entire theater was packed with asians
Old 04-19-2008, 09:02 PM

hahaha ^^ same here... but after reading these reviews I immediatelly booked it in time to catch the movie after finishing previews :-P. The rain scene was funny, like everyone else said, and some really badass fight scenes too. BOTH asian chicks were so fine, but it was pretty predictable he'd start to get yellow fever :-P. THe movie looked kinda corny in preview/tv, but it was definitely worth it!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:33 PM

My girlfriend wanted to go see this movie but I didn't so she ended up going with her parents and family. I guess I'll have to watch it alone
Old 04-19-2008, 11:29 PM

^WTF U NOOB lol.

anyways, interestingly theatre here isn't packed with asians. there were plenty of caucasians.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:29 PM

The movie was pretty good for the most part. Mostly all action.

Quick Reply: The Forbidden Kingdom