Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

Old 03-20-2004 | 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

My friends dragged me along to see this film and was I glad that they did! This is a fantastic flim that will captivate you and won't let you go until the end. During the 1st half hour I was skeptical of the film and thought that it would be "ok" at best but once you delve into the mind of Joel you completly forget that you are watching a movie. If you liked Being John Malkovich, or Adaptation then you will naturally like this film(written by C. Kaufman)
This is more so a movie than Adaptation was, and it is also a love story. At times when you think the strange psyocologial parts get to be too much they break it up with hilarious comedic sceens.

I say to this film. Best movie so far in 2004
Old 03-20-2004 | 06:42 PM

*werd*. I just got back from seeing it as well. Easily one of the most visually artistic movies ever. I loved it.
Old 03-21-2004 | 12:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool, I'll see if I can watch it sometime soon with some friends. I've always been a fan of Jim Carey so now I want to see this new movie!
Old 03-21-2004 | 02:25 PM

I can't recommend this movie enough, but don't go expecting Jim Carey's usual schtick.
Old 03-21-2004 | 07:35 PM

It's as much as a "Jim Carey Movie" as Punch Drunk Love was an "Adam Sandler Movie".
Old 03-21-2004 | 08:05 PM

Originally posted by suvh8r
It's as much as a "Jim Carey Movie" as Punch Drunk Love was an "Adam Sandler Movie".
Couldn't have said it any better.

Anyone notice the recent trend of "indie" flim makers taking popular comedic actors and putting them in films that while are funny they are still away from their normal element(ie Murray in Lost in Translation etc..)
Old 04-05-2004 | 09:29 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

I am a big Charlie Kaufman fan, and I liked this movie but I did not think it was a great as it was made out to be.

It is very original, incredibly clever and I love movies with a non-linear plot but.........

It is obvious that Joel is some sort of autobiographical character, it would be nice if Charlie could write about a character that is not a totally depressed person looking for his place in the world. I got the feeling the Clemintine character was also someone in his life, either currently or in the past. Her character has such an odd depth to it that is just has to be someone he knows well, but since she reminded me of a psycho stalker I once had she gave me the creeps.

The movie made some very touching points about love-hate relationships, being alone, and even painfull memories or painfull relationships can be cherished for what they were in our lives, but it seemd to run too long.

The visuals and subject matter was interesting and well executed, but it moved too slow. I liked it but enjoyed Adaptation MUCH more.
Old 04-16-2004 | 09:39 AM

Just saw this movie. It was ok, but I thought it was a little predictable. I started connecting the dots pretty early on which was disappointing as I'm usually not very good at catching on to movies. I think maybe all the movies coming out with all these twists is training me to think about things differently and possibly making me not enjoy them as much because I'm not as surprised. I did kind of like the overall idea of the movie, or at least my interpretation.

Just coming out of a relationship, I felt like I could really connect with the story. I mean, doesn't it sometimes feel like all relationships are the same? Sometimes I feel intimidated that I haven't found the right one, and that all my relationships will end up the same. But in the end you just have to wipe the slate clean and give it another shot cause you just never know what will happen, even if you've "already been down that road". I don't know, I was probably reading into it too much because of my state of mind, but I found it pretty intriguing and appreciated the sentiment. I still give the movie a
Old 04-18-2004 | 09:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"I love being bathed in the sink" Great movie!!!
Old 09-28-2004 | 07:17 AM

BUMP as this movie comes out on DVD today in case anyone has missed it. Definate must see. Anyone planning on buying it?

Quick Reply: Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind