Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Who's Heading Down to the Mid Atl/Del Val Drive on Sunday???

Old 04-02-2002, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's Heading Down to the Mid Atl/Del Val Drive on Sunday???

Anyone plan on heading down to the drive on Sunday? We can meet at the usual place (Mobil station at 95 rest stop in DE) if you want. Probably need to meet early like 830am or so to make it on time. God forbid Jerry if we arrive a little late.

Paul(ie)
Old 04-02-2002, 04:18 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm thinking about coming to this drive, although I'm still a little behind (thanks to OBX trip ) on Honey-Do jobs here in shady ol' Narberth. I see that the starting time is now at 10 am per Gregg? Do you know where that Honda dealer is located? Do you understand his tour description re: where do we end up?
Old 04-03-2002, 05:47 AM

i have no clue...i just figure i'll go where the car in front of me goes *shrug* we were planning on going, but really have no plan or time or anything. who else can we rope into this one?
Old 04-03-2002, 07:48 AM

The "plan" is buried in the 3/28 and 4/1 posts on the DV thread entitled: Next Monthly Meets: April 7 in NOVA....

I think meeting Sunday at the same I-95 DE rest stop/Mobil at 8:15 am should be the DV plan. Then leave NLT 8:30 am.

'Tis beyond me why we can't get more people interested in a 2 hour~ drive to Baltimore and back. Maybe it's the cost of gas
Old 04-03-2002, 08:53 AM

well at least it'll give me a chance to break in a few new things on the car *top secret* but i'm really interested to know why there's been so little interest from this end of the region... perhaps they're all waiting for the 28th? twice in a month isn't that much driving, ya know!
Old 04-05-2002, 07:59 AM

Yeah - I'm wondering why I haven't heard from many of you either!

It has been really hard to determine how many are coming in terms of preparing/planning for lunch. As with many of our other "casual" drives, the route is planned by one or two people and then we all just follow along. It certainly is not formal in the sense that route plans are constructed and distributed beforehand. If you are coming, please let me know.

So - the plan is to meet at JCH at 10 - 10:30 am (95 south - to 32 west - to 108 (right turn)). JCH is in "car park" at intersection of 32/10. There is more information in the Mid-Atlantic thread. We're going to end up near Gaithersburg/Germantown about 10 minutes from 270.

To be honest with you, I think that coordination for some Mid-Atlantic/DelVal events has been problematic because of the dual-forum setup we have going. While I'm not necessarily advoacting a merger, I am suggesting that efforts must be better coordinated to make the most our of our gatherings.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:15 PM

Well after I put more thought into it I think I am going to pass on the Mid Atlantic/Del Val meet down south on Sunday. I'll be up in New Hope on Saturday getting ready for the meet on the 28th. I broke my string of not missing any meets but I just think it is alot for one weekend.

Paul(ie)
Old 04-05-2002, 06:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hiroprotaganist
[B]To be honest with you, I think that coordination for some Mid-Atlantic/DelVal events has been problematic because of the dual-forum setup we have going.
Old 04-06-2002, 08:27 AM

TIME CHANGE & LUNCH LOCATION

REMEMBER - we must change our clocks tonight to spring ahead. So, remember to
adjust them forward by one hour!!

We will be having lunch at the Olney Ale House. I have made reservations for 15 people to arrive between 11:45 - 12:00. This was a guesstimate based upon the number of responses I got - if there are more, we will simply have to make the best of it, k?

If you are meeting us there: The Olney Ale House is located on Route 108 in Olney. Its actual address is 2000 Olney-Sandy Spring Road. It is located approximately 2 miles EAST of the intersection of 97 (Georgia Ave.) and 108; right across from the Olney Theater. It is on the south side of 108. Their phone number is: (301) 774-6708.
Old 04-06-2002, 03:47 PM

lydia and i are in, as previously stated who is going from this area is up in the air.

Quick Reply: Who's Heading Down to the Mid Atl/Del Val Drive on Sunday???