Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

whiteones wreck

Old 10-20-2002, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whiteones wreck

Be proud, very proud of your S2000's . My son lost mine on a twisty last week.

He went off of a 25 foot high cliff took out 4 trees and ended upside down in a creek.

Thru the graces of God and awesome engineering from honda my son walked away from it with just a scratch on his forhead. The entire car was destroyed, front back sides top and bottom,

but the cockpit remained intact and untouched . Unbelieveble engineering. It did everything honda said it would . -- sorry bout the lousy pics
Old 10-20-2002, 05:04 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 992 Likes on 512 Posts

OUCH!

Glad to hear you son walked away.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:10 AM

wow! glad your son is OK the car..... well it looks doa. hey that's why we have insurance. again so glad to hear there were no serious injuries, I bet it shook him up though. couple questions 1) how old is your son? 2) was he traveling alone? 3) were any citations issued?
Old 10-20-2002, 05:10 AM

Sorry about accident but glad to know your son is okay. This gives me great confidence to know that the cockpit was still secure. Honda engineering is great.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:30 AM

That's incredible that your son was protected by the S so well. I'm glad he walked away from the accident. One question, now that you know he's safe and sound, are you going to kill him for doing that to your S?!

I glad everybody's ok!
Old 10-20-2002, 05:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by charlie
[B]wow! glad your son is OK
Old 10-20-2002, 05:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 'smyroad
[B]That's incredible that your son was protected by the S so well. I'm glad he walked away from the accident. One question, now that you know he's safe and sound, are you going to kill him for doing that to your S?!

If he scratched it a little i would have killed him -but in light of how nasty the accident was im just glad he is alive ( he feels worse about the car than i do)
Old 10-20-2002, 08:06 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Yikes... I'm shivering to look at those pics... especially b/c I also have a 19 year old son Thank god that he's OK. I guess it's lucky that my Ben has never mastered the 6-speed (in spite of about a dozen sessions with me ) You can see under my sig what he's drivin'...

On a happier note, there is a thread on Photo Gallery with a coupla pics of the White/Tan interior. If you like the combination of tan seats/door panels/carpet with black dash/trim, I think it looks pretty Take a look:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=86902
Old 10-20-2002, 10:33 AM

I would say 02 white/red.

I would also say, you should take your son to the track in the S so he can learn more about it's limits and be more comfortable with keeping control of the car and regaining control should he lose it.

Luckily he is ok. I still don't understand how the head protection thing works when rolling over (and the car trying to eject you) in the S but I guess it does....
Old 10-20-2002, 12:19 PM

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

My thoughts go out to you and your son. It's great that he's okay.
My condolences for the car, but I am quite certain you can find another one just like it, unless of course you want a different color, I'd go with red myself.

Quick Reply: whiteones wreck