Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

What is there to see in Philly for a visitor?

Old 01-20-2003, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not mean.....we'd like everyone who comes down this way to have a good experience....

Boat house row is where all the University Crew teams store their boats....pretty at nite....all the lights and stuff...

Hey DEL/VAL That should be our next pic op.....We'll park on the other side of the river...Lincoln Dr...I think thats it.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are u talkin about princeton 2ting cause yea it is pretty and i am there all the time for photo ops
Old 01-20-2003, 10:57 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally posted by Meeyatch1

Thanks for the pointers. Where is that picture by the way?
That is the Art Museum, behind the beautiful S you can see the famous steps where Rocky ran up in the movie.

It really is a dam shame that this wonderfully amazing piece of architecture is best known for a mediocre Sylvester Stallone movie!

Dont worry about Del Val our is much worse than our bite! Unless of course you are into biting!!!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:58 AM

here is a pic from way back in august.....yes its hard to see but we couldnt get together when the sun was still out for some reason...this is also in front of the art museum...which is right in front of where mike lives......
Old 01-20-2003, 11:14 AM

here is a pic from way back in august.....yes its hard to see but we couldnt get together when the sun was still out for some reason...this is also in front of the art museum...which is right in front of where mike lives...... [/B][/QUOTE]

Its called lateness......(which Im also guilty of...not as bad as others <sigh>)
Old 01-20-2003, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by 2Ting
here is a pic from way back in august.....yes its hard to see but we couldnt get together when the sun was still out for some reason...this is also in front of the art museum...which is right in front of where mike lives......

Its called lateness......(which Im also guilty of...not as bad as others <sigh>) [/B][/QUOTE]

hehe thats definalty a trade mark of PCG lateness............now jim should be posting any time now then gary saying...."i was the first one there and i waited for everyone, i wasnt late" hehe but see gary a few times i was the 2nd one there im not THAT late all the time
Old 01-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 992 Likes on 512 Posts

So I'm supposed to wait for Jim to post, then respond? If I wait for Jim to respond, there's a good chance I'll miss Mitch treating us all to Tony Lukes Saturday night , which could turn into a time warp thing for the SuperBowl, where I'd be off schedule and miss the game or something.

... side note... to the Eagles fans: I didn't see the game yesterday (**coughbullshit**) ... Who won?

Jay gets a little reprieve for that night - he called me to say he'd meet us when he was done whatever he was doing, and catch up with us later. Jim... now Jim on the other hand... no excuse for him. Later for Jay was still earlier than on time for Jim.

And of course, I was there first!
Old 01-20-2003, 03:08 PM

Originally posted by Meeyatch1

Do you work at a hotel in the area???
No, I meant it was within walking (stumbling) distance to the hotel I was staying at

Ryan
Old 01-21-2003, 06:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Heyitsgary
..., there's a good chance I'll miss Mitch treating us all to Tony Lukes Saturday night , which could turn into a time warp thing for the SuperBowl, where I'd be off schedule and miss the game or something....

This weekend may get expensive really fast! LOL!
Old 01-21-2003, 08:31 AM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Meeyatch1
[B]

This weekend may get expensive really fast! LOL!

Quick Reply: What is there to see in Philly for a visitor?