Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

what roads are these?

Old 12-26-2006, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what roads are these?

was looking at a few posts around here and found this on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43VgOEDrWqs

what roads are these?!?!?! it kinda looks like mountain road in macungie...but i don't think so....can anyone help out and "name that road"
Old 12-26-2006, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by kill,Dec 26 2006, 10:31 AM
was looking at a few posts around here and found this on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43VgOEDrWqs

what roads are these?!?!?! it kinda looks like mountain road in macungie...but i don't think so....can anyone help out and "name that road"
Lehigh Valley run. EJO plotted the course for us. The roads are around the Bethlehem and Allentown area.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:46 AM

i'm gonna need ejo to get me the exact run i used to know some really sweet roads but the actual roads have gone to hell... damn pennsylvania winters...they destroy everything....
Old 12-26-2006, 07:05 AM
EJO

This is Chestnut Hill Rd. headed toward South Mountain in Lower Saucon Township. Now that I have my car back from the shop I was thinking of doing the second half of the Lehigh Valley Run. I was out on Sat. for a solo Free Run around some of those roads and had a great time. For those who attended the first part of the LVR the second half is even better. If there is enough interest I'll set something up between the MWG 07 and the Atlantic City Run.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by kill,Dec 26 2006, 10:46 AM
i'm gonna need ejo to get me the exact run i used to know some really sweet roads but the actual roads have gone to hell... damn pennsylvania winters...they destroy everything....
Take Main St. out of Northampton towards Kreidersville, at the "Y" stay right. Follow all the way through Kreidersville when you get to Rt. 248 go straight across. At the first Stop sign bear Right then a quick left. When you get to the next Stop sign turn around and do it again, backwards.

I've got TONS more in our area. Wait until Spring.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:44 AM
EJO

Freq, between you, jfo, ccmgr and I we could do a different run every damn weekend in the Lehigh Valley.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by EJO,Dec 26 2006, 12:44 PM
Freq, between you, jfo, ccmgr and I we could do a different run every damn weekend in the Lehigh Valley.
Only if you promise not to wre..........
Old 12-26-2006, 09:00 AM

hahaha freq that run you just talked about...i did today before i read this post...i went up to the candle place that sells pawnee bills beef jerky and then went on that run with my girl. only difference is when i get to 248 i make a left..and then make another left on the road that has a playground/picnic area right before it on the left side of 248...that road has some serious turns that you can take at pretty high speed...i dunno how the one part is going to fair through the winter though its kind of broken up but still ok....frost = road pwnage
Old 12-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Community Organizer

You went the wrong way at the end of Main St. Bear Right next time.

Be careful out there with your snows and the leaves and wet roads and soon cinders and salt.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:10 AM

hahaha i did bear right and followed it all the way down past the stop sign to the church...where i went wrong was i turned right at the church...that first turn is KILLER and the second turn going downhill is nutz...thats the road that led me out to 248 from there i turned left like i said... the road that i turned left onto from 248 took me to the 4 way stop sign intersection that you hit in the beginning of this paragraph...sorry no road names i care too much about driving to give a sh*t where i'm actually going :-D

anyway the sun is coming out and its 1:10pm...if the roads dry off i'm going out again to do the run you posted earlier...

Quick Reply: what roads are these?