Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Warning, do not go to the philly street races.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warning, do not go to the philly street races.

Rescently my friends have been involved in street racing. they go friday, saturday and sunday every week. its starting to get very old to me. i dont street race, im too scared to loose my liscense, they arnt. so i usually just ride shot-gun and give them directions. ive tried explaining to them the stupidity of this, but it doesnt work.

now to make matters worse, i think i got in trouble. my one friend needed a ride, he doesnt race either, he just wanted to see why we go. well i ended up driving him in my s2000. to make a long story short, we saw my friend on 61st street so i drove up to the line to talk to him. no cars were on the road racing, just on the curbs. not a minute went by w/out a v8 gt mustang pulling up. we were side by side, and i didnt even get a chance to say i dont race w/out a cop pulling down the street. i was scared out of my mind, i saw a cop pull down the street w/ the lights on, so i went. im not sure if he was coming after me or the stang, but he went 1/4 of the way down the street and turned around. i was going very fast, i didnt stop. my friend at the line said he pulled someone over.

so far its been 2 days and im a nervous wreck. im scared the cop got my tag # and will be mailing me a ticket to show up for court. some ppl have told me that if he wanted to give me a ticket he would have kept following me, others say nothing will happen. i have no idea what to expect, but im fearing the worst. i learned my lesson right their, its not worth even going. i will be finding a new place to hang out, but this anticipation is killing me. has anyone had any experiences from philly street races? i hope no one on this site races up their, i never did, and im going to probably get in trouble for just lining up to say no.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more than likely, you got away. hopefully you did. street racing
Old 06-01-2004, 08:07 PM

Yeh dude, that sucks. Scarey stuff, but the adrenaline is ridiculous nice tho...lol I have been chased many a times in Philly at the races with no tickets at my doorstep. Rest easy man, the only thing the cops wanted to do was to scare you enuf never to come back. I guess they suceeded. hehe
Old 06-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well they did succeed at scaring me. im starting to ease up now a little. i always tend to think of the worse possible outcome for everything. right now im trying to stop my friends from racing down there.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went down there once last year when I had my eclipse. Didnt go to race, just took a friend down to check it out. Soon as I got there cops showed up, so I made a u-turn and drove around for a while until we stopped to chill at a gas station. Did see a lot of nice cars. I havent been down there since. Its bad enough I get people who want to race me around work, home and the turnpike, some of which are the dumbest cars and drivers in the world. I did smoke a newer z28 camaro and a brand new caddy. Hehe didnt know what hit him.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so where is this place... I need an address please.... 61st and????
Thanks
Beroz
Old 06-02-2004, 06:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

beroz... be careful brutha.. we know your baby would do some slaughtering for sure... adding to crazy's... i got smoked by a 745i and for about 1/4 mile i was doing pretty good against a Cayenne Turbo... but he smoked me too in the end. I had to humble a hooked up Sentra Type R... man those cars are stupid! Yo B when ya comin on another group ride??
Old 06-03-2004, 03:17 PM

I'm actually curious also to know where it's at. Just to roll by some adjacent streets, not to race.

Chris
Old 06-03-2004, 03:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup yup... or maybe drive my truck over... whos gonna race me with that
Brad, I get my head back next week...she should be done the week after.....
Beroz
Old 06-03-2004, 06:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

damn dude it's not done yet??? I'd be goin nutz!! we'll help ya break her in nice and easyyyyy

those street races are crazy im tellin ya... if ya dont get caught the first time, you'll get caught the 2nd or 3rd time

Quick Reply: Warning, do not go to the philly street races.