Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Tein flex/edfc...coilovers in general

Old 10-25-2004 | 05:17 PM
Former Moderator

Default Tein flex/edfc...coilovers in general

Ive been talking to the guys over at evolution on the phone for the past two weeks about ordering my rims, and i decided that i cant afford volks right now, and i still do not know what i want. after this i started to look into suspension, i cant take the highways anymore. i want a less stiffer ride, with the adjustability to stiffen the s2000 ride.

does anyone in the del val have the flex with the edfc setup? how do you like it, and how did the install go? i heard every time you change the height you need an alignment done, but then i heard if you dont lower the car more than 1.25'' your alignment is fine.

ive seen the buddyclubs in person, the stance is nice, but i heard their stiff. i just need some opinions and insight since you guys share the road with me. let me know, now not only can i decide on rims, but i cant decide on coilovers.

btw...if this helps, i do plan to track my car this summer. im not going to be a track junkie though, mainly i want better suspension for the highways and a modest drop for when i get rims in spring...thanks guys.....Frank
Old 10-25-2004 | 05:25 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

john has them
Old 10-25-2004 | 05:27 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by revhi,Oct 25 2004, 08:25 PM
john has them
does he have the edfc?

hows your car? that sucks, but at least it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

BTW, any price on the header for the ITR, he wants the street one, not the all out race version they offer.
Old 10-25-2004 | 05:42 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Yes he does have it.

the S is fine need some minor body work and a tailight

no i just got back, ill find out this week when i go up there. i need an alignment.
Old 10-25-2004 | 05:48 PM
Former Moderator

hope all works out well for you...

this sucks though. every time i pick parts out for my car i change my mind, and now that i actually have some money, not much, and its burning a hole in my pocket.

so far ive been debating the ideas: j's 4.44...tein flex...volk rims...spoon header...cant wait to see what i want to think about buying tommorrow.

maybe ill just forget everything and save for the sc...ill have a thousand by the end of the week saved. who knows anymore
Old 10-25-2004 | 06:26 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Id save for the S/C the header isnt worth it.

Which body shop did you use?
Old 10-25-2004 | 09:08 PM

I have the Tein Flex with the EDFC. I love them...Especially after tracking the car at Fall Colors. The adjustibility is a breeze since you dont have to get out of the car to do any adjustments. I had too much roll going into a few turns at the track and after a few click's of a button, that was all gone.

If your looking for a "cushy" ride, forget about it. Even with mine set at full soft the can be bouncy. The springs are pretty stiff and you cant adjust that. Although I believe you can get different springs with different spring rates to soften it up a bit, but then you are defeating the purpose of the coilovers.

Reguardless of your ride height, you should have an allignment after you install the coilovers.
Old 10-26-2004 | 05:58 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by revhi,Oct 25 2004, 10:26 PM
Id save for the S/C the header isnt worth it.

Which body shop did you use?
Ciconni auto in Essington PA. Hes a friend of my dads, paints my dads projects when needed.

Hes probably going to have some spa yellow mixed, i called him yesterday and told him to order me an 04 front lip and paint it for me spa.
Old 10-26-2004 | 06:01 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by YELOSCREAMER,Oct 26 2004, 01:08 AM
I have the Tein Flex with the EDFC. I love them...Especially after tracking the car at Fall Colors. The adjustibility is a breeze since you dont have to get out of the car to do any adjustments. I had too much roll going into a few turns at the track and after a few click's of a button, that was all gone.

If your looking for a "cushy" ride, forget about it. Even with mine set at full soft the can be bouncy. The springs are pretty stiff and you cant adjust that. Although I believe you can get different springs with different spring rates to soften it up a bit, but then you are defeating the purpose of the coilovers.

Reguardless of your ride height, you should have an allignment after you install the coilovers.
Thats good to know. As much as i want a SC, i feel i need to buy my supporting mods first.

How much did you lower your s2000 w/ the flex? Jeff at evolution told me out of the box their pre adjusted, its a bolt on ordeal and will lower my car about an inch. thats fine by me. I want the edfc because i don't feel like removing the trunk pannels every time i adjust the rears.
Old 10-26-2004 | 08:29 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

yeah adjusting sux with the B/C's. to do the driver rear you have to reach around the gas line and tank

Quick Reply: Tein flex/edfc...coilovers in general