Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Squirrel nutz run

Old 04-14-2002, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be there on Sat....

Ok, I'm a bit brain dead sometimes, I just asked my wife when we'll be leaving for San Diego and it is not until Monday.

This leaves my Saturday to play and have some fun.

I'm going to try and get together with Gennaro in the meantime and show him a few more roads. Looking foward to driving the new road you guys found.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:48 AM

I wish I could have made it on Saturday. I spent the whole day at the office (5:00am to 5:00pm), I started early thinking I could get out and meet you guys at the P&R. I was WRONG. I wish I knew you stopped at the restaurant afterwards. I could have used a drink or five. By the way what were the names of the roads you found? I should be able to see join you guys on 4/20.

-Reese-
Old 04-15-2002, 02:31 PM

...By the way what were the names of the roads you found?
Well we aren't EXACTLY sure what the name of the roads are. All we know is that we went down Bowman's Tower road and worked our way back up to 413 to the Applebees. Then instead of heading back up to 413 after the covered brodge stop, we took the road before 413 and ended up going back down the hill. Hopefully we will be able to show you on Saturday.

Paul(ie)
Old 04-15-2002, 04:43 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paulieblks2k
[B]
Old 04-16-2002, 05:27 AM

Ok so this weekend sounds like it will be more of a squirrel hunt (for new roads.) I think we have found a great route so far. We should keep the straight run all the way to the park after the coverd bridge, and then we do like we did last weekend and make that left and go over the second covered bridge. I'm going to try and find a really local map of the area and then we can eliminate the backtracking and some of the boring parts (traffic)
So who's in??
Old 04-16-2002, 05:43 AM

I'm in....
Old 04-16-2002, 06:23 AM

[QUOTE]Yeah, right... hopefully
Old 04-16-2002, 07:16 AM

So 11:00 am or what as far as Saturday goes? I told Carolyn I was going for a ride on Saturday and she promptly told me that this will not be a regular event for me. I'll have to test he. Do any of these road names ring a bell - Eagle Rd., Holikong Rd. and Stump Rd.? If they are some of what you are referring to then we are in for some fun. I love all the roads back by Bowman's sp. tower. If you want to make a stop at the top of bowman's hill there is a parking lot up there. I don't remember how many spots are available.

Paul,
I think I herd that the shad festival is the same weekend as our run.

I'll be seeing you on Saturday 4/20.

- Reese -
Old 04-16-2002, 07:36 AM

Reese,
As far as I know we always meet at 11:30am. For Paulie thats 10:30 on your clock.
I'm getting the same threats about doing this every weekend. Maybe we should bring the girls, drop them all off in new hope with 20 bucks and pick them up around 3:30. They can't do much damage with 20 bucks and no plastic can they?
I was told yesterday that if I go this weekend, she gets to go to manhattan. Hello second job! But I'll see you guys there anyway.
I'm taking the rex in for some warranty stuff tonight so they better have it done by sat or I'm not leaving it. Now if they would only swap my 5spd for the sti 6.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:10 AM

The run we made on sat 4/13 was north onTaylorsville rd --- left on LURGAN rd (bowmans tower sign),follow lurgan to end ----left on STREET rd to end ---- right on THOMPSON MILL rd , cross over Pineville rd continue on
thru nasty twisties to end ---- right on BROWNSBURG rd to end ---- left on rt413 and applebees is at the light

Quick Reply: Squirrel nutz run