Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

SCCA Pocono July5

Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 PM
jfo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I recommend converting your crack homes to meth labs, doubling your "medication" and racing twice as much.

Are any of you guys coming? SCCA calls this a non-spectator event but I do get to have 4 crew members and I'm sure there are other people there that can put guys down as their crew. In any case I'm almost positive you can get in without a problem. You need to find me at the track and I need to register your name at registration. The gate outside the track will have you sign a waiver to get on the grounds but you still need to go with me to registration for the SCCA waiver.

I called the registrar and I am entered for sure, no problems so far. I'm only racing Saturday so don't show up Sunday and wonder where I am. John C will race both days with his S.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John, I am coming up on Saturday (with or without a wingman, anyone?). So put me down as a crew member. Will I have to meet you at the gate or can we caravan up from your place?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just in caes John leaves before any one coming. We'll be paddocked on the east course area. Can't miss us I have a 48' trailer with a 40' canopy. Our cars will be prominantly displayed
Also I believe we will have a vintage Daytona coupe in the stable as well!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:47 AM
jfo

48' trailer............................I'll be there!

tink---I'll have to leave early Sat morning to get in the tech line so I don't think you will make it to my place that early. The guy at the gate should just have the normal Pocono release sheet that you have to sign. I don't think he has a list of registered crew from SCCA, that would be too hard to update from registration. So I don't think you will have any trouble at the gate. I don't think you will have any trouble around the pits either but if the officials are viligant about checking wristbands or passes you might get questioned about it. I didn't put anyone down on the crew because I will do that once people show up at the track---then we just go to registration.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:53 AM

I have never seen anyone have a problem with getting in. No one really checks anything. I know the only thing at the gate is the standard release. The only area where anyone has ever checked for a wristband has been on the grid.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a great time up in Pocono this weekend It was great to finally meet John C. and get a close look at his T3 S2000, nice looking car you have there. Fun times hanging with John, Erik, and Tim again. Michelle and Mr. Olsen as well, nice to meet you. Now with the sights you all missed ....

Sabotaging the competition

F20 Miata!

Sweeeeet

The Oldtsmobile

Race shots
Old 07-06-2008, 06:28 PM

It was awesome hanging out with everyone. I had a really fun time racing!!! I wish we had a dry race, but I really love racing in the rain except being out on rains and having it dry up REALLY fast!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone again. We are really going to try to make the NASA event in 2 weeks.
JC
Old 07-07-2008, 03:47 AM
jfo

Tom---nice pics. Good to see you after how long-----about a year. I was hoping you would have one of me and John C on the front row for the 1st start---maybe that was too wet so you weren't out taking pics. It would have been good to see an all S2000 front row. I like the rear shot of my car showing the red beady eyes and not the rest of the lights. I don't think I was on the brakes (I shouldn't have been) but they seem to be much brighter than John C's, maybe it is the contrast to the black.

John--thanks for your help over the weekend. Saturday was good although another rain race for me--I think I bring the rain because most of the races for me this year have been wet. All I needed was another 1/2 lap and I think I would have caught you. You pulled out a nice gap the first half of the race and I couldn't make it back in time. Good luck at the Glen next week and I hope to race with you at the NASA event at Pocono.