Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Please advice. Not sure whether to keep the S or not.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please advice. Not sure whether to keep the S or not.

Hi, haven't been on here for a while and now looking for some advice.
My S2k is sitting in the garage right now since April. And before I only drove it to track events couple of times.
So more often I'm thinking if I should sell it.
I have a lot of S2K stuff in my garage. Car has some issues externally (it's fixed but not painted) due to accident on the track. Mechanically it is perfect.

I always read that people get back to S2000 after some time owning another fun car. But I understand that in order to enjoy it I need to drive it more which is nearly impossible with my current life course.

So now I'm looking for some advice, keep it or sell it and if I want - buy another one later.
The only problem that it becomes very hard to find the right s2k now as it gets older if I want to get back in it again.

so, what do you think?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:28 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

keep it or sell it and if you want - buy another one later
Old 06-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Part it out, what do ya got?
Old 06-18-2013, 01:32 PM

Received 174 Likes on 132 Posts

Change a few things on the car, you'll love it again. Trust me, I've had a few and I don't see any other car replacing the S in the same price range.

Your mods list shows OEM hardtop. Any chance you'll sell that before the car?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion is if you're unsure on whether to sell then chances are you will regret selling it.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

FREEK, my S2k may sit more than yours does...and selling should not be an option. If its not a financial burden to you, keep it. If you're selling it to get something else you may not drive, keep the S.

Unless.... you're picking up an M3 <flame-suit on>
Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by berlinablackie
FREEK, my S2k may sit more than yours does...and selling should not be an option. If its not a financial burden to you, keep it. If you're selling it to get something else you may not drive, keep the S.

Unless.... you're picking up an M3 <flame-suit on>
No, financially it doesn't eat any money and paid off a long time ago.
I've been through several cars over last few years (335i, C63 AMG, IS-F). So I kind of switched my focus to the car I had right here at my apartment. S2000 just sits in the garage 10 mins drive from my place.

Change a few things on the car, you'll love it again. Trust me, I've had a few and I don't see any other car replacing the S in the same price range.

Your mods list shows OEM hardtop. Any chance you'll sell that before the car?
May be you right, I wanted to change some things but never finished that... just sold lexus and not sure what to pick up right now, so I may hold some money for some fun with s2k.
Hardtop is not for sale until I decide to sell a car. They will not allow me on track without it. Not sure when I go there yet..
Old 06-18-2013, 07:08 PM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

FREEK it's got to say something about your love for the car that through all of the others this is the one that has remained. Take it from someone who had an S, sold it and now regrets it, DON'T SELL!!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:24 PM

I had a childish justification for my self and my GF why I kept S2k when picking other cars - it was my first dream car and when I bought it I think I put about 25K miles during first year of ownership
I think I will start changing things in the garage. I don't have 2nd car right now, was thinking to get a new one, but recently some personal things changed so I don't need it right now (at least during this summer). Today I bought a bicycle to go to the garage more often LOL
Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kept my s2000 in a remote garage for a few years (driving maybe once a month) and considered selling. Now that I have a garage at home I drive it everyday its dry out.

Originally Posted by FREEK
No, financially it doesn't eat any money and paid off a long time ago......
Originally Posted by FREEK
....it was my first dream car ....
Your own words.....I think the decision is obvious

Quick Reply: Please advice. Not sure whether to keep the S or not.