Old 03-03-2010, 03:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweetness
Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you need a place to crash--let me know I got 2 extra rooms right now
Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice gig. Always thought NASDAQ was in the windy city... learn something new every day.

I don't have any specific leads, but I live at 15th&locust and walk to a college friend's "card game" every week or so. He's over in the 5th&south area.

I would suggest that if you can come down one day when the weather is nice, just walk up and down Pine/Spruce (really any street Between Pine and South). I must pass 100+ available apartments w/ signs on them during my walk. Just walk between Rittenhouse square and Washington Square. If you can't find something in that area, just increase the search area one block at a time east and then south and you should be able to find something that should fit your needs.

One other thing just came to my mind... I have some friends who are renting a condo from a building that is supposed to be condos, but is also renting now that the market is softer. They have some kind of loft... I can't remember the name of the building, but its on 4th street just south of spring garden (the building w/ Cafe Estelle). I don't know what they pay, but I would imagine that should be in your price range and I think they have parking included or really cheap if you want to have the car close.

Good luck with the search and congrats on the new job.

BTW, I live in CC and work in Willow Grove. Don't live our there if you can help it That commute will drive you crazy and unless you are close to Jenkentown train station, train times are just too few and far between to be a real practical option.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trump26901,Mar 5 2010, 12:45 AM
nice gig. Always thought NASDAQ was in the windy city... learn something new every day.

I don't have any specific leads, but I live at 15th&locust and walk to a college friend's "card game" every week or so. He's over in the 5th&south area.

I would suggest that if you can come down one day when the weather is nice, just walk up and down Pine/Spruce (really any street Between Pine and South). I must pass 100+ available apartments w/ signs on them during my walk. Just walk between Rittenhouse square and Washington Square. If you can't find something in that area, just increase the search area one block at a time east and then south and you should be able to find something that should fit your needs.

One other thing just came to my mind... I have some friends who are renting a condo from a building that is supposed to be condos, but is also renting now that the market is softer. They have some kind of loft... I can't remember the name of the building, but its on 4th street just south of spring garden (the building w/ Cafe Estelle). I don't know what they pay, but I would imagine that should be in your price range and I think they have parking included or really cheap if you want to have the car close.

Good luck with the search and congrats on the new job.

BTW, I live in CC and work in Willow Grove. Don't live our there if you can help it That commute will drive you crazy and unless you are close to Jenkentown train station, train times are just too few and far between to be a real practical option.
Actually, they are pretty much based out of NY, but they bought out the Philly Exchange, so I guess they are in Philly as well.

Thanks for the good information. I will get down and take a walk =)
Old 03-05-2010, 03:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nakdboardr,Mar 4 2010, 07:17 AM

If you need a place to crash--let me know I got 2 extra rooms right now
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.