Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

New Hope Run

Old 04-05-2005, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When someone says "Since there's still confusion, can we go back to the 11th?"

Why is reponding with "There's no confusion. It's the 18th. " insensitive?
Sorry Jerry but Us IT guys gotta stick together. How would you architecual types answer it....."The plans for this date are far more structually sound than on the other date??? I smell cheese!

But this statement just begs for special treatment "relating to 2 of the original founders of this club" wtf is that???

Here's how to get special treatment in my book. Woop my ass in an autox, hell just even show up. Goto a track event, anyone who shows up for a track event has balls in my book. It is the first step to becoming a great driver. It's basically admitting that you know your not a great driver, sure you might be better than the guy hogging the left lane on the drive home from work. But to actually show up to the track is saying show me how to be better.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:23 PM

Actually Jer.....

It was COMPLETELY more personal then that... but please do not take offense. You know how it goes... everyone bitches all winter long about how Del Val sucks and is dead... Now we decide to revive a popular event and "everyone" wants us to cater to them. You know how it works... The "guys" who decide to host the event TELLS everyone else when the event is going to happen... And that decision is based solely on when they; meaning ME in this case, want to/can do it. I am really not trying to be difficult here or be an A$$H0l3 but the beauty of this Del Val club is that it lets anyone who wants to organize an event to do so..... I f'd up when I initially decided on a day and corrected it as soon as I could. Sorry if this rubbed a few people the wrong way but it certainly was not my intention.

Paulie
Old 04-06-2005, 02:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So Paulie you are moving the event back to the 11th........

Old 04-06-2005, 04:21 AM

I think gary is an ass####.

j/k
Old 04-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrx Paul,Apr 5 2005, 08:49 PM
Here's how to get special treatment in my book. Woop my ass in an autox, hell just even show up. Goto a track event, anyone who shows up for a track event has balls in my book. It is the first step to becoming a great driver. It's basically admitting that you know your not a great driver, sure you might be better than the guy hogging the left lane on the drive home from work. But to actually show up to the track is saying show me how to be better.
Actually, at Fall Colors I believe paS2K did a half day at the Auto-X and the other half on the track at BeaveRun.........................

Not trying to defend the old guy but I don't want you to hafta' eat your words WRX.

Oop, this is the New Hope Run thread................
Old 04-06-2005, 04:57 AM

I didn't see it so it don't count...lol Just kidding. Just get your asses to G's autocross this sunday!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:35 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Cant we all just get along.

-Rodney King
Old 04-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulieblks2k,Apr 6 2005, 01:23 AM
Actually Jer........The "guys" who decide to host the event TELLS everyone else when the event is going to happen... And that decision is based solely on when they; meaning ME in this case, want to/can do it. .....
Thanks for your explanation, Paulie.

The only reason for my earlier post was that....at that time....it appeared the date might still be up in the air. I may still be able to make it on the 18th but my older bro will tentatively be visiting from Upstate NY. He's got late stage emphysema and won't be around too much longer. I need to spend some time with him.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrx Paul,Apr 5 2005, 08:49 PM
.....Here's how to get special treatment in my book. Woop my ass in an autox, hell just even show up. Goto a track event, anyone who shows up for a track event has balls in my book. It is the first step to becoming a great driver. It's basically admitting that you know your not a great driver, sure you might be better than the guy hogging the left lane on the drive home from work. But to actually show up to the track is saying show me how to be better.
Paul, how is the 12-step program coming? There are ways to deal with anger....
Old 04-06-2005, 07:08 PM

Lol Jerry!
Oh and I'm still on step one. That the one where I carry a ball peen hammer and break knuckles.
step 2 is next week "how to take over countries with the cunning use of flags"
if you don't get it, go find Eddie Izzard's dressed to kill stand up skit.

Quick Reply: New Hope Run