Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Need experience shop to dyno and tune V-afc?

Old 03-22-2004, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for the info, you seem to really know your stuff when it comes to ems systems. Since this will be my first ems I would never attempt to tune it mysef. I come from a world of carburators and destroked small block chevys so all this electronic stuff is a bit new to me. In drag racing my ems was a baraometer theromometer and elevation guages. Then you'd jet your carbs accordingly. You really couldn't hurt anything as long as you werent a complete idiot and ran the car too lean.

Should i decide to go with the AEM is this something that you can tune? I'm not looking to do this right away. Probably towards the end of summer I would think.

Thanx...John
Old 03-22-2004, 04:48 PM

John,
Thanks for the compliment. My knowledge comes from me learning from research, my own experience, and others. I myself do not tune AEM but I have two friends that are very good with it and both use it on low 12 second turbo hondas. I would be more than happy to get you in contact with them when the time comes, if that is the route you choose to go. I told Beroz I would help him to get in contact with my friends to tune his AEM. Just let me know what you decide. Good luck.

-Nate
Old 03-22-2004, 06:53 PM

Nate we already talked about tuning my VAFC over at Xotic. Gonna get me 15 at the wheels right ? J/k Bro. I can't wait to get this damn thing tuned.

Chris
Old 03-22-2004, 07:04 PM

ya bro I'll hook you up
Old 03-22-2004, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by DubCS2K
ya bro I'll hook you up
sounds good to me. thanx alot. ill see you saturday

chris
Old 03-22-2004, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello DubCS2K

Can you tune my car to. I have been searching for a dyno and someone whos tuned hondas before. I have a Comptech SC with aftercooler. I just ordered the 4" pulley. The site that I ordered it from says that I can run off my existing setup, but I hear from some other people that I should get at least a VAFC or Emanage unit.

From what I gathered from this thread, does everyone feel that the VAFC will not properly tune a FI car?
Old 03-22-2004, 07:34 PM

Hey Revhi,
Ya I can tune your car too. VAFC with minor adjustments will work, but any crazy boost setup I reccomend a standalone. Let me know.

I will be at honda day at Etown this saturday if anyone is there and has questions feel free to come and chat with me. I will be featured under the honda-tech.com booth
Old 03-24-2004, 08:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an FYI, I am selling my Emange...everything set up for a turbo But I can get a Comptech +after cooler map for you... $500 ....
Old 03-24-2004, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the offer, but my buddy has one that came with his RSX turbo kit that he is not using anymore. He went with Hondata. Just to be sure, are the units the same? What else do I need to use it one my car?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if he already has the ignition harness and software you are pretty much set.....
All u have to do Is to figure out the wiring..... I would recommend you get in touch with someone who can make you a wiring harness so you wont have to splice ur OEM wires....
Beroz

Quick Reply: Need experience shop to dyno and tune V-afc?