Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

My open letter to the Del-Val Community

Old 02-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts
Default My open letter to the Del-Val Community

Never in any of my previous posts did I say the Del-Val Community was DEAD. I had posted that I thought the Del-Val forum was DEAD compared to other surrounding forums. ie: Metro NYC and Mid-A. In hindsight, DEAD was too harsh a word.

I saw all of the posts for the MWG, the D&B gathering, I see the Mini-Meet threads and the Mod Day threads. No, the Community is anything but DEAD. The forum, online, the internet, the virtual world, that part of the Del-Val has been slow. As heyitsgary pointed out it is my geographical location that may make it difficult for me to attend Del-Val events. But that is my issue, not yours.

With that said, I would have expected to see the "site maintainance" notice posted here in the Del-Val forum a little sooner. Thats all I was implying. The Del-Val forum, I am guessing, would be a fairly easy forum to Moderate and be a CO of, at least in here online.

There is more I'd like to say but I'll leave it at that.

Sincerest apologies if anyone was hurt by my posts.

Have a nice .

Respectfully,

freq

p.s. Please refrain from using my real name, first or last online. Use my screen name and I'll use yr.us unless instructed otherwise.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't we all just get along, I can't handle the drama.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were not dead, were just a little behind.

Give it time, things will shape up. The mini mod day, and the spontanious meets are going to start a new trend with the communities
Old 02-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Personally, cthree's note should have been posted as a global note and not been the responsibility of any forum or community moderator/organizer. To me, whether it was posted rapidly by the CO's or not is irrelevant...especially when you consider that the intial post had NO useful information other than an event of an unknown duration was going to occur at an unknown time.

Frankly, I just as soon not be notified of that, since it's about as useful as the weather forecast in Seattle...

That all said, I'm glad you stepped up to clarify your intent, freq. I didn't figure that you intended malice with your comments, but you seem to be sensitive to the fact that you definitely struck a bit of a nerve with some people for some valid reasons and it's good to see that you can step back for a moment and acknowledge this.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:37 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by freq,Feb 26 2005, 06:01 PM

p.s. Please refrain from using my real name, first or last online. Use my screen name and I'll use yr.us unless instructed otherwise.
Henceforth and hereupon after you will be known only as FREQ <phoenemically as FREAK!> but since we are all friendly here and have nothing to hide...you can call me Mike!

THank you for clearing the air .....and as I did in the other thread, I do apologize for not posting info on the downtime earlier. I will make this more of a priority moving forward
Old 02-28-2005, 06:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes2k,Feb 28 2005, 10:37 AM
Henceforth and hereupon after you will be known only as FREQ <phoenemically as FREAK!> but since we are all friendly here and have nothing to hide...you can call me Mike!

THank you for clearing the air .....and as I did in the other thread, I do apologize for not posting info on the downtime earlier. I will make this more of a priority moving forward
MIKE.....
Old 02-28-2005, 06:50 AM
Former Moderator

I know you say your name is Mike, but can we call you Mikey as well?
Old 02-28-2005, 06:53 AM

Mike, Mikey, Michael, Just not MICHAEL ALLEN...then I know I am in trouble
Old 02-28-2005, 06:56 AM
Former Moderator

So, we should all just call you Michael Allen?

Old 02-28-2005, 07:00 AM

Just dont call me late for a cheesesteak

Quick Reply: My open letter to the Del-Val Community