Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

a mustang guy who isn't a dick!

Old 06-14-2007, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a mustang guy who isn't a dick!

so i'm going from 512 towards airport road on silver spring road?? the one right down from hanoverville road that goes between the two roads mention before.. anyway i'm following this really nice sounding and looking grey metallic mustang GT and after the car in front of us turns we both gun it. you'll be surprised to know that the car's were basically even with him slowly..very very slowly walking away from me.

when he stops at the light i call out to him sayin he has a nice car and give him the thumbs up. so anyway he turns onto airport road and i follow because i was headed towards my girlfriends house.. well we play around and the car's are seriously dead on even with a slight advantage to him.. i'd take him in the twisties but he'd slowly slowly walk me in the straights..

anyway he pulls over into a business parking lot so i follow and talk to the guy. his name's dale(sp?) and we talked about car's for a good 20 minutes. his car had a sick front bumper on it, lowered, final drive gears(yea he knows whats up...we're waiting on you erik ), cold air intake...i think other stuff but i don't remember...

he was extremely impressed with the s2000 and he pulled over because he thought it was a miata and was like "no ****ing way any miata is touchin my car" hahaha.. when he seen it was an s2k he was like "oh ok i understand why he was keepin up with me now"...he actually didn't hate imports and commented on how good they are made..

he was just a really cool guy and i told him he should come to some of our meets...yea yea i know its a mustang but cool people are cool people and he seemed pretty interested after i told him how awesome everyone on here is. i told him about the site so hopefully he posts up and introduces himself!!!

no excuse what so ever his car was faster but after i left the parking lot i noticed i had my heater on 3 notches...it wasn't the a/c so i doubt it would have done anything but still hehe his car was nice AND fast BIG BIG and nice meeting you man!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a big surprise that they were pretty even. They're only rated for 300 at the engine and weigh quite a bit more. Personally I like mustangs, but I still would have had to poke some fun at him for just barely pulling on me with over twice the engine
Old 06-15-2007, 07:19 AM

yea i also remembered the other mod's he had were full cat back exhaust, high flow cats, and headers.

i still say pretty damn good for my car as his has twice the mods...his car was still pretty fast.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:31 AM

I like Mustangs as well. More the older ones like 65 and 66. Reality is, cars are cool and everyone likes different ones. That is what is great about them. The problem comes when everyone thinks there car is the best.

Don't get me wrong, I love the S as a car. It fit what I needed for a second car. Doesn't mean that I don't want or love other cars. Give me a 65 Cobra replica as another car, and man would I be happy.

I'm sure everyone has another favorite car besides our s2000's.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:38 AM

yea...there are no "this car is definitively better than this car"...a car is a car..and a fast car is a fast car..period..anyone with money can make any car faster than anyone elses car.

i just thought the guy was really cool for pullin over and talkin with me..awesome guy..
Old 06-15-2007, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah there are some really cool Mustang guys out there. There's also some real pricks wearing wife beaters doing the one-hand lean like they're the toughest thing known to man

I had an '02 before I got my S2k 4 months ago.....midpipe/catback, pulleys, timing adjuster, suspension, rims/tires, 4.10 gears....FUN car. Hanging the tail out in the thing + powershifting =
Old 06-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kill,Jun 14 2007, 08:45 PM
when he stops at the light i call out to him sayin he has a nice car and give him the thumbs up.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:55 PM

wat mods do you have kill?
Old 06-16-2007, 10:06 AM

i have the 2 best mod's you can ever do to your s2000,,,test pipe and 4.57 gears...test pipe opens the mid range wide open and the gears just pwn all...i chirp into third gear
Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh I remember a time when I raced a GT... no mods on him...i spanked him lightly before getting pulled over by the DE state police at 115mph! Good Times!!

Quick Reply: a mustang guy who isn't a dick!