Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Mikes2k Crash (ugly pics!)

Old 09-19-2002, 06:56 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Mikes2k Crash (ugly pics!)

Well a little time has passed, and today I got some good news about my missed friend. I feel I am ready to share the details of my accident.

I was on my way to work last month on a rainy Saturday morning.
I was on Cresheim Valley Road right past Germantown Avenue (the Philly cruise group should know the road). I went round a slight bend in the road to the left nothing severe. I lost control and started sliding sideways. I remember saying to myself "what the ..... I cant be buying it I am not even driving fast! not here?)

Well I was sliding backwards towards the center lane and straight for a telephone pole on the other side of the road (of course it couldn't have been a nice soft landing!) The crazy thing is, is it was past the scary twisty windy part of that road. For anyone who has been in an accident I am sure you know the feeling of life going by frame by frame! CRASH!

Thankfully I walked away (seat belt ALWAYS on!) with just a very stiff neck and a very badly damaged S2k! It was ugly

To make a very long, very crazy story shorter. We, ( My mom, and my Gf came to pick me up) were waiting on the side of the road for a flatbed. I was on the cell with the insurance company, I hear a screech and I turn my head to where I bought it. Needless to say I tell the ins person another car is careening towards me I HAVE TO GO! A Toyota Four-runner buys it in exactly the same spot I did! Except he was going a little faster than me. The truck rolls side over side 3 times and spun right towards us, I had to shove my mom out of his path! The truck lands on its passenger side! I am in shock/awe/disbelief! and I literally pulled out this guy and helped him pull out his wife!! They were both fine not a scratch! Both of the trucks front windows were wide open! I was amazed that her face was not dragged on the ground! They were both in shock. It was so surreal. To this day I still cant believe the whole thing! And all 3 of us Me and the couple walked away without a scratch!

The police and ambulance chasers that showed up after the 4 runner did not believe me it was two separate accidents at first. I have the pics to prove it!

It was the most crazy thing, I felt like I cheated death TWICE that day!

INSERT GOOD NEWS HERE>>>>Well the good news is I am alive and healthy and my car will be singing again soon!

I talked to the body shop today, and if all goes well I MIGHT have her back late next week. The body work is complete. The insurance adjuster has to come back out (3rd time) to LQQK at the left exhaust which was bent but couldn
Old 09-19-2002, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks! It really, really SUCKS!! I know I went crazy with my little rear-ender, I can imagine how you felt after this. Very glad no one got hurt - it is surreal!! My tiny hole doesn't even compare to that missing bumper of yours. Hopefully you'll get your car back soon - I know its hard waiting for it! Best of luck to you!

(I still can't stop saying "wow")
Old 09-20-2002, 04:52 AM

Received 142 Likes on 91 Posts

Mike,
Wow ! It's good to hear that you are okay after seeing the pix. Looks like you'll have your car back for Fall Colors.
Old 09-20-2002, 05:39 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey Mike-

Sorry to see the details , but maybe it WILL give pause to some of our more adventurous drivers in the group Your *always seat belted* recommendation is right on Were the sides and front pretty much OK
Old 09-20-2002, 06:40 AM

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. It happened to me too this last Sunday in the rain. I wasn't going fast on a left turn going into a two lane bridge and the back end hydroplaned, hitting the guard rail that was right next to the pavement and then rebounding to the left and hitting the front right of the car on the guardrail. All I remember is spinning the steering wheel to the right and then to the left and watching the guardrail get closer until boom! The front right light, front right panel, rear right panel and taillight and both wheels and bumpers need to be replaced. SUCKS. At least $4800 damage. The car's only 10 weeks old! I learned that you gotta watch out when rounding corners on S02's and on new pavement when it hasn't rained for weeks! It was totally unreal. Like you, I wasn't hurt. Our cars will be back soon and, I hope that they won't look any worse for the wear! Whew! Good luck with your car!
Old 09-20-2002, 07:01 AM

GEEZ Mike glad your ok and that you will have you car back soon. All the more reason for a daily driver(beater) and leave the stook in the garage for sunny days.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:31 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by charlie
...... All the more reason for a daily driver(beater) and leave the stook in the garage for sunny days.
Yeah, yeah... sure charlie... sure thing

On the other hand, I like seeing you use that clever word: *STOOK*
Old 09-20-2002, 07:39 AM

Thanks everyone for your wishes and concern! It has been a very hard month for me.

I am going to see what the car lQQks like today if I get a chance.

Anyone notice the FIRST post after my start? I had to do a double take on the name!!

Zippy, hopefully I will be able to go to Fall colors! I am defiantly going if I get her back in time! Even if its just for the Sunday drive.

Jerry, Yes no front end damage ( a blessing I guess) and no side damage. Just the initial impact. If the four-runner would have slid another few feet.......YIKES!

Marclw, Keep the faith dude! Soon we will have our baby's back!

Charlie, SURE thing, can you help with the monthly payment, insurance and the justification to the lady as to why one person needs two cars???!!!!
Old 09-20-2002, 07:42 AM

I hope when I get there today I don
Old 09-20-2002, 07:47 AM

Mike,
Glad you made it and your babe would be fine. I have gone through the similar sittuation however, my babe didnt make it . However, I bought a younger sister 2002 to take over her place. Now I am back into action. I know how you feel exactly....but best wishes to you.

DaRKCrow

Quick Reply: Mikes2k Crash (ugly pics!)