Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Michellin Tires

Old 06-27-2002, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michellin Tires

Hey guys and gal. I just put a set of Michellin Pilot Sport A/S Z rated rear tires on the "S" that replaced the OEM Bridgestone 02's. I got 16,000 miles out of the 02's. The tire place said I should get at least three time more miles out of the Pilot Sports.

So far they seem great. They ride a little hard, but handle fine.

Has anyone else tried these tires?
Old 06-27-2002, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Bobby4319
Hey guys and gal. I just put a set of Michellin Pilot Sport A/S Z rated rear tires on the "S" that replaced the OEM Bridgestone 02's. I got 16,000 miles out of the 02's. The tire place said I should get at least three time more miles out of the Pilot Sports.

So far they seem great. They ride a little hard, but handle fine.

Has anyone else tried these tires?
I was interested in these tires as well, but after driving Michelins for years, I'm concerned that the sidewalls will be too soft and I would sacrifice the handling that I so treasure, now.

The OEM tires have NO flex in the sidewalls. How do the Michelins compare? I can grab the car and try to move it sideways and with the OEM tires, it doesn't move at all.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 06-28-2002, 04:31 AM

I pump the pressure up to 36 PSI and the lack of roll seems to be pretty good.

I put a lot of highway miles on the car, and was looking for a tire that would give decent handling and some longevity. They seem to do the job.

Plan to get a complete set of wheels and tires for autocross racing. Don't know what I'll buy for racing.
Old 06-28-2002, 05:53 AM

Plan to get a complete set of wheels and tires for autocross racing. Don't know what I'll buy for racing.
Isn't there an age limitation in racing?
Old 06-28-2002, 08:25 AM

Charlie,

Oouch,

No there isn't an age limitation in racing, in fact the older you get, the less fear you have of dieing. So you race harder and faster, and don't worry about meeting your Maker. There are just a few limitations you have to work around. I will have to get a carrying rack for my walker, and with the confined cockpit I have to watch when I take my Viagara. Other then that I just drive flat out and just try to keep from losing control of the car.

One plus about being old is I don't have to worry about the women race car groupie crowd.

Smart $ss

I'm really enjoying my "S" . I'm as happy as a priest at Boystown.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:38 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Absolutely ROTFLMAO

I love you, man (in a symbolic sense, of course )
Old 06-28-2002, 11:09 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez Bobby. . .you had me at Oouch! Damn good reading, thanks for the heads-up Jerry!
Old 06-28-2002, 01:12 PM

Charlie,

Oouch,

No there isn't an age limitation in racing, in fact the older you get, the less fear you have of dieing. So you race harder and faster, and don't worry about meeting your Maker. There are just a few limitations you have to work around. I will have to get a carrying rack for my walker, and with the confined cockpit I have to watch when I take my Viagara. Other then that I just drive flat out and just try to keep from losing control of the car.

One plus about being old is I don't have to worry about the women race car groupie crowd.

Smart $ss

I'm really enjoying my "S" . I'm as happy as a priest at Boystown.
I love it you obviously have not lost your wit
Old 06-28-2002, 07:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I love AARP'rs Mostly because, God willing, I'll be one too someday...and I'd damned well better reach it with Bobby's POV!!!

Crazy thing happened the other day and I've been meaning to remember to post it somewhere...& here's as good as any. Us Richmond folks met up at a restaurant one evening (about 7 of us). All parked together. As we were leaving the restaurant...we noticed a Red parked a titch away from us in the same lot. Nearby was an AARP couple along with a younger boy of about 17 & his girlfriend. Me being me...I immediately introduced myself & offered an s2ki.com card, etc. We were told that it belonged to "the kid." All of the 4 of them were excited about all the S's...yet, all of them seemed...I don't know, just quiet in a way. We'll leave it at that... Oh, not quite. Just remembered, it'd be worth mentioning that some of our folks were like, "Cripes, a kid has such a beauty of a car! What luck!"

So, what makes this post worth mentioning on a thread that's surely been devoted to picking on Bobby? Well, I'm at work the other day. Co-worker that had mentioned to me that he likes my car & wants to get one when he retires in 5 years, mentioned that his wife works for a gentleman that owns an S2K across town. I offered my co-worker one of my s2ki.com cards and asked him to have his wife pass it on to this gentleman she works for. Guess what??? The co-worker meets up with me a few days later & says the gentleman told his wife that it was ironic, but he'd just received such a card the other day amongst a group after dinner. Its the AARP'r that was in the restaurant parking lot! Come to understand, this gentleman was apparently embarrassed to say the car was his...so he told us it was his son's.

...What a shame? We have maaaaaaany owners & they vary in age across all ranges. No one should be embarrassed to enjoy such a fine automobile. Oh well, I hope he'll join us on a meet sometime. Seemed nice, if not a little reserved...

...course, then again, maybe I scared him!

Anyway Bobby...you keep fighting for your right to enjoy livin' large! The alternative is not all that interesting to me

- Dave
Old 06-29-2002, 05:22 AM

Here is a pic of Bobby.... do you think he's having fun with his car?:note: Bobby's trunk is open, you can't see inside it but take my word there is a walker in there

and some of the other elders of our group with the wonderful Mary Ellen....

Left to right Bobby, Jerry (pas2k), Steve (Duffer)

Quick Reply: Michellin Tires