Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Meet on August 9th- Berks & Schuylkill Counties

Old 08-07-2003, 04:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Paulie are you sure about the time? that gives us 1/2 hour to get there (if we're starting at 10am)... oh wait I forgot we'll be doing 100mph +/- 5mph haha! seriously ... you sure?
Brad
Old 08-07-2003, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 9kscream
[B]Paulie are you sure about the time?
Old 08-07-2003, 05:55 AM

i am looking forward to saturday. everyone keep their fingers crossed for good weather.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds good paulie... see you guys at 9am... if the weather is anything like this week we should be good!
Old 08-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by dchs2kpa
Jerry:

....This has lots of back roads - should be a great run!....

Dana and Janice
A very large thanks to both of you... the food&drink hospitality at yer house, both before and after

The roads in Schuylkill County were an absolute blast and the few raindrops hardly dampened our spirits

And the :turtle: and other stories were.... well, :defenseless:

I'll look forward to some pics....

Jerry
Old 08-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to Dana and Janice for a great day -- an incredible drive, good company, and wonderful food. Three cheers for Dana and Janice!
Old 08-09-2003, 06:44 PM

On Friday 8/8/03 we went to Dana and Janice's house. We had fun !! We left our home at about 3:00 p.m.. Traffic was bad. It was very very bad. It was the worse it could be. It took us four hours to go the 140 miles to their house. Jackie walked part of the way. She was walking fast. Faster than I could drive. Jackie walked fast !!! Jackie can be a fast walker !!! Go Jackie Go !!!

We got to their house at about 7:00 p.m. Fri. night. We said hello. They are nice people. We met their cats. Their cats are nice too !! They live in a nice house. Their neighbors seemed nice !! It was all very very nice. Their cats like to play with fake mice. I don't know if they would like to play with real mice. Maybe real mice would like to play with them ? Dana has lots of skis. Dana and Janice both ski.... alot.... in the snow and everything !!! That is cool.

We were all hungry so we went to eat. We ate somewhere called Tailgaters. It is called Tailgaters because you have to cook your own food. Really. I am not kidding. But you still pay for the meal. This is how they do things in Pa. . They do not do it this way in NY. In NY the restaurant cooks food for you .... really.... even at McDonalds !!! One day when Dana and Janice come to NY they will see !!! Here is how Tailgaters works ... you go to the restaurant and park the car. You get a table and the waitress tells you all about the place. You order drinks . You choose any cut of meat (or fish) from the frig. ... they are all the same price. There are lots of choices. I picked the biggest piece of meat... I was hungry. I was very very hungry. Next to the frig there is a charcoal grill. It is very very big. It is the biggest grill I ever cooked on. You cook your own meat on the grill -- lots of people stand around the grill and talk - and then they drink because it is hot by the grill. This is very very smart ........... of tailgaters. You pay to drink and have to cook yourself.... but it is hot by the grill ... so you pay for more drinks ... and keep cooking. You also add seasonings to the food, and take a potato, and get salad at your table. I decided that the reason that Tailgaters makes you cook your own food is so that you can not complain to the cook about how the food is cooked !!! That is one smart cook huh ??? The cooks in NY are not that smart ... because they cook ....

After we cooked we ate -- alot -- we ate more than I ever ate before (almost) ..... I was very very full. But I saved a spot in my stomach for Dairy Queen and we went there and ate some more.

Then we went back to D & J's very very nice house... their cats played with us and the fake mice...

We watched a little TV and talked and we went to sleep at about 11:00 p.m. .
We kept the fan on in the room... we woke at about 5:30 a.m. ... and I had some cold cereal... and went to get some gas, and Janice made deviled eggs and I showed her how to tell the difference between a hard boiled and not-hardboiled egg without breaking the shell ... and Dana went and bought ice and Janice went and bought bagels and coffee and doughnuts and other stuff and I went and bought some more Diet Vanilla Coke for 2ting because I told him I would bring it to give it to him, but had forgotten it at home -- so I went out and bought some more for 2Ting.

And by 9:15 a.m. everything was ready for all the happy drivers to arrive... it was very very ready.

And at about 10:00 a.m. Matt and Matt arrived first (and they left first later) and then we all waited for everyone else... and then more people arrived and we all ate and we were very very happy and full !!!

But we could not leave for the 140 mile drive yet because we were waiting for one more person - who said he was coming ... and we all waited for him. We checked the pm's and website and he had not written anything. So we still waited. But he did not come !! We were very very ..... well ..... we were not happy.

And so we made a new rule that with small groups of cars --- all drivers had to furnish the drive organizer with a cell phone number; or, if they did not have a cell phone, call if they were going to be late -- or else the group would not wait for them.

We left a note for the person who never showed; and we went for our drive... It was a good drive. It was a very very good drive. We had fun !! We all had lots of fun. And nothing bad happened. And it rained a little - but that was OK ... We drove a lot, and went around lots of turns. And no one got lost , and everyone was happy!!!

Then we went back to Dana and Janice's place -- and we ate. Lots and lots, and then we ate some more -- and we told some stories... and we all had a good time. We ate meatball subs and bar-b-qued pork sandwiches, and had dessert and macaroni salad and deviled eggs and ... we were all very very happy.

And then it got late in the afternoon -- and people had to leave a little at a time .... and it was sad... it was very very sad !!! And we were the first to arrive - so we were the last to leave....

And we drove home to Long Island -- and the traffic was good, very very very good ... and we got home in less than three hours !!!

And here are some pictures I took .... and thank you heaps and heaps for being such great hosts Dana and Janice !!! You opened your home to all us bums and you and your cats were so nice .... and again thanks !!!

When I grow up I hope I can be as good a host as Dana and Janice !!

Old 08-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow guys (and gals), looks like you all had a GREAT get together. Wish I could have made the drive. I love spending time (and driving) with all of you. Take care and hope to see you at either DragonBall Run 2003 and/or Fall Colors Tour 2003!
Old 08-09-2003, 07:30 PM

DAMN....I knew I should have went.....late night Fri...went to see the midnight show of SWAT.....

IM SORRY I dont want to make a habit of saying Im coming and not show up......PROMISE WONT HAPPEN AGAIN...

PS: Defender....Ill get that case of vanilla coke from you soon!!! Now that you have a stock pile of it!!!!

Old 08-09-2003, 07:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2Ting
[B]DAMN....I knew I should have went.....late night Fri...went to see the midnight show of SWAT.....

Defender....Ill get that case of vanilla coke from you soon!!!

Quick Reply: Meet on August 9th- Berks & Schuylkill Counties