Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Meet on August 9th- Berks & Schuylkill Counties

Old 07-07-2003, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OUR PHONE NUMBER IF YOU NEED TO CALL 610-916-3456
RAIN OR SHINE!!!!

OK, LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE 12 S2000's and 1 WRX! TRY TO ARRIVE BY 10:00 AM. WE WILL HAVE BREAKFAST FOR YOU!!!! ANYONE NEEDING DIRECTIONS FROM DIFFERENT LOCATION, SEND PM - SEE LIST OF ATTENDEES BELOW! SEE YOU ALL SATURDAY!!!!

Anyone interested in a meet on Sat. August 9th between Reading and Allentown? This course will take you through Berks and Schuykill Counties and through Pottsville, home of Yuengling Beer.

This run is starting in Blandon which is between Reading and Allentown. It is about 140 miles on alot of back winding roads with little traffic. It is kinda scenic, but this will be a spirited pace. If we have enough interest, we will divide into groups.

Don't miss this run....it is awesome!

Please reply if interested and list how many will attend. Details to follow.

Thanks,
Dana and Janice

List of attendees:

PaS2k - Jerry
Paulieblks2k - Paulie
st95dwng - Berto
DubCS2K - Nate
SuzukaTim - Tim and guest
9Kscream - Brad and guest
lehighwiz - Matt and guest
Rick Hesel
Elliott - Defender and Jackie
2 Ting - Jay
Jacko - Mike

Directions: 202 to 422 West to 662 North to 73 West. Stay on 73 North through Oley. Once you are in Blandon (near Fleetwood), the first turn is 0.5 miles from intersection of Route 73 and Park Road. There is a traffic light there on 73 and a Turkey Hill on right. Go straight through light and go 0.5 miles and turn right onto Spirit Court (look for big Willow Gardens sign), then make immediate right onto Cornerstone. We are at 123 Cornerstone....look for red S2000 in driveway.

Note: We are 45 min. from King of Prussia!

If anyone else needs directions from a different location, let us know.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey, I'm in on this one If you think it's reasonably "scenic", I might even talk Kathy into coming along... so put me down for 1.5 My Mom's family is from Schuylkill Haven, so this will be like a "return to the scene of the crime"

paS2K, Jerry (and Kathy?), Silverstone/Black

I assume we'll gather around 10 or 11 to allow ppl to get there I'll paste this so ppl will see it... let me know... I can edit the thread title to add more info if you want Thanks for taking the ball... it's great to have another planner!
Old 07-08-2003, 05:45 AM

Jerry:
We plan on starting the run at our house - 123 Cornerstone Drive, Blandon, PA 19510 at 11:00 am. Plan on being here by 10:30, as we will provide donuts and bagels, etc., then the run is about 150 miles, then we plan to return to our house for a late lunch (burgers on the grill, etc.) We hope to get at least 10-20 cars. This is the first time we have posted something and didn't know if we should post this on the Mid Atlantic site too.

This has lots of back roads - should be a great run!

We will count you as 2.

More details to follow once we see what responses we get.

Thanks,
Dana and Janice
Old 07-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

OK guys/gals... how about some more ppl with a *yeaaaaah*

Look right HERE for some of the neat things that might be on the tour of Berks County
Old 07-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts

I'll be on my way to Rochester for the PGA of America. No can do this or Bobby's potential Nice Scenic Cruise.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:49 PM

Dana, you know you can count me in. Don't worry we'll wrestle up some more folk. It's still early. Make sure we go up to the Pagoda and back. That is a must!

Paulie
Old 07-10-2003, 05:24 AM

Paulie:
Do you think we should post on Mid Atlantic? Also, we want to be sure Rick and Eliot attend. We plan on having breakfast at our house, then go on run and return here for a late lunch (burgers on the grill, etc.), then whoever wants to do Pagoda, we will do that after late lunch. We originally had it included, but it got to be too long, but we will be sure to take those who are interested up to Pagoda. It is about 15 minutes from our house.

We are still discussing your run on Sat. - we are a maybe. Will decide by tomorrow.

Dana
Old 07-10-2003, 06:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dchs2kpa
[B]Paulie:
Do you think we should post on Mid Atlantic?
Old 07-10-2003, 09:56 AM

I'll try to make it. But I'll have to confirm in a couple of weeks. I guess just put me down for 0.5.

Berto
Old 07-12-2003, 02:22 PM

Hey Dana you hooked me and Tim in . We will be down with this event. Was nice meeting you and Janice today.

Nate

Quick Reply: Meet on August 9th- Berks & Schuylkill Counties