Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Lehigh Valley Run: '09 Early Spring Edition

Old 02-16-2009, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in!! It's in my calander and I have a driver for my car and everything(broke my right leg so no go on driving my car)!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by suprmonky73,Feb 16 2009, 06:03 AM
wow those came out great for just sticking the camera up in the air haha.

do you have that last one of us driving in the tunnel in the gallery?
well i did a little work on em haha..

yeah man just check out the link above, there is 2 pages they should all be in there.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, can't wait for this
Old 02-16-2009, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I took a good long look at the car today and noticed something funny about the back left tire (other than the fact that I have -50% tread!) it was fricken flat. So I huffed and I puffed and bamm! My car doesnt pull to the left anymore like it did all day during the pre-run. This is a big relief, since I was upset, thinking the car was never going to be the same again after the accident. The funny thing is, why didnt the mechanic/alignment shop notice this?

Back in action, and I can't wait to rip it up with the new tire this week.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by mjschrage,Feb 16 2009, 05:43 PM
So I took a good long look at the car today and noticed something funny about the back left tire (other than the fact that I have -50% tread!) it was fricken flat. So I huffed and I puffed and bamm! My car doesnt pull to the left anymore like it did all day during the pre-run. This is a big relief, since I was upset, thinking the car was never going to be the same again after the accident. The funny thing is, why didnt the mechanic/alignment shop notice this?

Back in action, and I can't wait to rip it up with the new tire this week.
damnit...... I'm an idiot. When I was looking at your tire, I thought it was a bit flat.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:54 PM

Thanks Don, big help you were! HA J/K.
18psi LOL
Old 02-16-2009, 02:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

oh yeah listen to this.

so after don made the comment about being back on summer tires and it feeling amazing again i decided to change mine back today.

saw that there was a 225 tire in the front and im like oh shit, whats going on... i had a 225 on the front left and rear right, and 205s on the front right and rear left. i guess ive been driving on that all winter. i havent noticed much of a difference other than cornering stability wasnt as good. i just attributed it to being on snow tires and they just dont offer the same performance as summer.

so now i think my alignment is off bc the summer tires felt weird. ill be taking it in for oil/inspection/checkup soon anyways. and me too on the shop not noticing becuase ive had it in a few times on snow tires for various things and they must not have noticed... but wow do i feel like a moron becuase i put them on myself at dinner my dad goes "you should just sell it and buy a cheap commuter car'' becuase he doesnt get why i spend money on the car instead of save
Old 02-16-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by suprmonky73,Feb 16 2009, 06:14 PM
oh yeah listen to this.

so after don made the comment about being back on summer tires and it feeling amazing again i decided to change mine back today.

saw that there was a 225 tire in the front and im like oh shit, whats going on... i had a 225 on the front left and rear right, and 205s on the front right and rear left. i guess ive been driving on that all winter. i havent noticed much of a difference other than cornering stability wasnt as good. i just attributed it to being on snow tires and they just dont offer the same performance as summer.

so now i think my alignment is off bc the summer tires felt weird. ill be taking it in for oil/inspection/checkup soon anyways. and me too on the shop not noticing becuase ive had it in a few times on snow tires for various things and they must not have noticed... but wow do i feel like a moron becuase i put them on myself at dinner my dad goes "you should just sell it and buy a cheap commuter car'' becuase he doesnt get why i spend money on the car instead of save
My summer tires definitely felt uber twitchy, but yea, I definitely need an alignment.

As far as the zig-zagged 205s and 225s, as long as the wheels were all in balance you'd have been fine in a straight line.

Intuitively, you'd think if you accelerate fast, one tire would be gripping more, but since there's a limited slip differential, it'll keep torque going to each wheel fairly equally hence not having stability probs.

But anyway, when you're cornering, cars have a tendency to go on three wheels anyway. With a rwd car, it'd look like a reverse pissing dog stance. Corner right and the left front will lift and vice versa. So what would've been affected is the surface area of friction available to you during each corner. But I doubt you'd have been pushing your car hard enough with winter tires to go, "hmm, I wonder why I can do a 90 degree turn at 45mph going right, but only at 38mph going left..."
Old 02-16-2009, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^yeah i thought it would be ok since 225 and 205 isnt a HUGE difference but driving thru down my street the car definitely pulls to the right. maybe my summer tires need air, i'll have to check.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:39 AM

Damn, thats worse than my flat tire oversite!!! LOL Does your car feel fine when cruising, then when you hit the gas pull to one direction? Fill them up see what you get, then get the alignment. FYI wait to get the alignment a week or so after you change fluids, to allow the car to settle. This with give you a more accurate alignment.

Air, you breathe it and your tire need it, check them out, it put the biggest smile on ly face when the car started going straight again after I filled them up. I felt like such a noob, but not as noobish as the MECHANICS should feel (dumb dumbs!)

Quick Reply: Lehigh Valley Run: '09 Early Spring Edition