Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Lehigh Valley,PA to Chesapeake City, MD RUN

Old 08-02-2007, 12:48 PM
EJO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lehigh Valley,PA to Chesapeake City, MD RUN

OK here's the plan, and REMEMBER this is more about the JOURNEY than the Destination.
DATE: Saturday, October 6th
RAIN DATE: Saturday, October 27th.
TIME: Lehigh Valley Crew leaves Emmaus at 8:00am
MEET: Paulie at LWG around 10:00 - 10:30am. We might be meeting others at designated spots along the way depending on who decides to join us.
Arrive at Chesapeake City, MD: 11:00 - 11:30am. Just in time for lunch at the Chesapeake Inn. Chesapeake Inn Web page
Rt. 9 drive: Start around 2:00pm. We might have to play this by ear. We will want some time to relax and unwind after the drive down.
Leave Cheapeake City, MD: ???

NOTES: This will be an ALL DAY thing so either plan to spend all day or get directions from Chesapeake City, MD to your house if you plan on leaving early.
Bring Sunscreen if it's sunny outside. Stop drinking early enough to safetly drive home.

Tourist stuff: If you or your sig. other would like you can walk around Chesapeake City, it's a pretty cool little town with lots of small shops and antiquing(sp?). If there is enough interest I can lead a group over to Old New Castle, DE which is another really cool little town. A friend of mine owns a nice Historic house in Old New Castle that used to be a General Store. I'm sure that we can take a tour of the house if she's around. I think you can still take a boat tour of the C&D canal which is a nice little ride on the water.

ROUTE: We will leave Emmaus, PA and take some back roads to Rt. 663. 663 will take us right into Pottstown. There we will take a quick jaunt down Rt. 100 and catch Rt. 23 west to Rt. 345 to Rt. 82 which will dump us out very close to Long Wood Gardens where we will meet Paulie and anyone who wants to meet there. From there Paulie will become our feerless leader for the rest of the journey down to Chesapeake City, MD. I will lead the rest of the way if Paulie is unable to make it.

I know I have listed a lot of things to do, these are all just options and does not mean that we will do all or any of them. It's all up to what you guys are interested in doing.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:08 PM

You know I'm down! haha

BTW, I called you the last Friday to get directions to Crocodile Rock, but we ended up asking some kids walking down the street where it was!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:40 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

when?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe sometime in the Fall? I top down trip on a nice crisp Fall morning for some fresh crabs sounds good
Old 08-02-2007, 08:56 PM

work can keep me busy at times, but I would be interested... well I might be more intersted in hooking up somewhere along the way, I'm not so keen on driving up to lehigh to drive to MD. I"m in philly, but could do the pottstown meet or anywhere in SE PA if there are others in the area who will join.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:49 AM

Depending on when, I would be in. Crabs sound good, at least the edible ones. It is a nice trip through unionville, kennett, and south.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:19 AM

We could meet up at LWG and I'll lead the rest of the way.... Do part of the LWG run then head down. The canal house on "this side" of the canal is closed but Chesapeake Inn and a few other outside bars are open on the other side.

Paulie
Old 08-03-2007, 06:45 AM
EJO

Originally Posted by Paulieblks2k,Aug 3 2007, 06:19 AM
We could meet up at LWG and I'll lead the rest of the way.... Do part of the LWG run then head down. The canal house on "this side" of the canal is closed but Chesapeake Inn and a few other outside bars are open on the other side.

Paulie
Good to hear from you Paulie, some us thought you had abandon your fellow S2Ker's. What route did you have in mind from LWG down to Chesapeake City? When did the Canal House close? It has been a year since I was down there and I usually go to the Chesapeake Inn.

If we're lucky they will have a good band playing out on the back patio.
For those men with significant others Chesapeake City is a great place for them to do a little shopping. No big department stores just some nice small town shops with antiques and such.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by EJO,Aug 3 2007, 09:45 AM
Good to hear from you Paulie, some us thought you had abandon your fellow S2Ker's. What route did you have in mind from LWG down to Chesapeake City? When did the Canal House close? It has been a year since I was down there and I usually go to the Chesapeake Inn.

If we're lucky they will have a good band playing out on the back patio.
For those men with significant others Chesapeake City is a great place for them to do a little shopping. No big department stores just some nice small town shops with antiques and such.
It closed about this time last year.... just an abandoned building now. A damn shame. Well I was thinking about maybe 25-30% of the LWG run, that will kick us out to route 100. Take that down to 141 and we can work our way over to route 40 then 213. Just a thought. There plenty of ways to get down that way.

Paulie
Old 08-03-2007, 07:22 AM
EJO

Originally Posted by tinkfist,Aug 2 2007, 08:47 PM
Maybe sometime in the Fall? I top down trip on a nice crisp Fall morning for some fresh crabs sounds good
I was thinking early fall when it was still warm enough for a comfortable drive.

Quick Reply: Lehigh Valley,PA to Chesapeake City, MD RUN