Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Job Hunting... HELP?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Job Hunting... HELP?

Alright... so as much as my job is "easy"... I am finding myself very unmotivated. I spend the majority of my time on the internet, and hate to say it... but am WAY overqualified for my position. When I started there was the promise of promotion, moving up within, etc... and based upon recent events I'm realizing that it was just a bunch of BS.

The shop manager and I had it out yesterday, and I almost walked out. Not sure when I'm going to be giving my two weeks, but it will be soon. I just hate the feeling of not having a set income, or another job lined up... but I know I'd be fine and could pick up a couple part time jobs before getting into a real "career." that's really what I need.

After talking with Ed last night I've come to realize I'd rather be busting my ass and happy, maybe not making as much money, then being miserable, and making a decent amount.

So, if any of you guys work for a good company and are hiring please let me know, I can get you/the proper person my resume. I have my Bach. in Business Management, and alot of experience in customer service/managing people/financial's/and also a lot of knowledge of insurance claims, followup, etc... Not to toot my own horn or anything... but I pick up things quickly, and am willing to train/learn new things. I've come to the conclusion I really need to get my foot in the door of a good company to move up anywhere...

If anyone knows of anything just shoot me a PM, I'm reaching out to all my connections now. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2008, 06:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i'll keep my eyes out for you.
unfortunately with the markets taking yet another turn down the toilet this morning, its kinda tough to find a good job these days. i know a lot of my friends have found it difficult to get started out of college. not saying there isnt anything out there, but dont get discouraged
Old 10-24-2008, 06:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sending you a PM
Old 10-24-2008, 06:49 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

My company seems to always be hiring and would probably fit your background but it is pretty far from where you are.

www.arifleet.com
Old 10-24-2008, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heather, I'll see if we have any open positions. Either way I think I can get you loaded into JnJ's "career connections" where you'd be able to search jobs for any JnJ company. I'll talk to my HR guy to see if that's still the case.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by 2poor2mod,Oct 24 2008, 10:49 AM
My company seems to always be hiring and would probably fit your background but it is pretty far from where you are.

www.arifleet.com
Thanks for the thought, and it would fit my background, but would be over an hour away, especially with traffic. Thanks for looking out though!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by jshimer23,Oct 24 2008, 11:03 AM
Heather, I'll see if we have any open positions. Either way I think I can get you loaded into JnJ's "career connections" where you'd be able to search jobs for any JnJ company. I'll talk to my HR guy to see if that's still the case.
that would be awesome, thanks alot Jeff!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:10 AM

PM'ed you!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Commerce, theirs some great positions available to someone who has a BA. I was looking at a few the other day, the only thing holding me back is the degree.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:35 AM

I'm in the same boat... The one career field I know I can just walk into is law enforcement but I dont have an interest for it like i used to. Been looking at a lot of Federal jobs but the locations suck for me. You should look at www.usajobs.com. You might find something good nearby. I think i'm gonna do the Active Army Reserve, I'll be in Bethlehem so wont be too far. Good luck w/your job hunt.

Quick Reply: Job Hunting... HELP?