Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

GI: Weekly or Monthly DelVal s2ki meet

Old 07-24-2006, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GI: Weekly or Monthly DelVal s2ki meet

This thread comes in response to Jason's regarding the crappy turn out on Friday.

In order to get a successful meet going, you need people that want to meet. With that said I'll pose this question:

Is there a genuine interest within DelVal s2ki to get a weekly/monthly meet organized? Whether it be a walk & talk car show style meet or a sit & eat chit chat style meet, let your thoughts be known.

It seems as if Metro has a nice system going with their Bald Hill and Starbucks meets. Would anyone else be interested in doing something like this on a weekly or monthly basis?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would be nice to get a group together for a weekly or monthly meet, we used to do weekly PCG/cheesesteak runs a couple years back and it was great but most of those members are MIA now. we had a group of between 6-10 people evrery week it was fun, go get food then go for a drive then hang out and take some pics. those were the good ol days.

monthly would probably be more realistic so that people could plan that dates. id be down for it depending on what night it would be condering that i cant make it if its any night mon-fri lol, it would have ot be a sat or sunday night.and with sundays every other sunday night is off for me too. but it would def be nice to see everyone more than 2 times a year
Old 07-24-2006, 11:53 AM

id be interested. im not a fan of friday night meets, so my suggestion would be to make them saturday or sunday.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:54 AM

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

I have January covered. Mid-winter VII.

If you are going to have a monthly you might try for a place that is central, i.e. Phila., or SJ near Phila. The western subs tend to be a bit far especially on a Friday.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Monthly thing would be great. Hopefully a better location as well. I supposedly was at the friday night meet, but no one was there. That or I had the wrong location.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:27 PM

saturday nights in philly would probably be the best so far as it sounds. its central for the jersey and pa owners like zippy said. not far for the de owners either.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:48 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

A few of us have discussed this for a long time running now..... the best thing we could come up with was a weekly or every other week cheesesteak run in Philly. Like Jen said we meet..we eat...then those that wanted to go on a drive could...and those that wanted to stay and cartalk and whatnot could.

The easiest way to get steady participation would be if it was a set day (1st and 3rd Thursday of every month, or whatever) and a set time/place. One problem is we would need a reliable host or two that would definitely attend.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:53 PM

How about we have a monthly D&B meet? That has always been a good turnout
Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 PM

back in the day it just seemed easier to organize a meet and have people agree upon a time day it was like ok sat at 8 south st. and we were all there not exactly on time but we all made it eventually
now it just seems like no one can agree or show up and that makes it hard. to indesicive.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about early saturday night? Like 6pm-ish? After food we can do West River drive - > Kelly drive and end at the art museam?

Quick Reply: GI: Weekly or Monthly DelVal s2ki meet