Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Friends don't let Friends.......

Old 04-23-2002, 01:21 PM
BPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friends don't let Friends.......

Friends don't let Friends.....I believe we all know how this saying goes...but it the saying really needs to be.... Friends don't let Friends drive their S2K!

While all of you were out and about about on Sunday, I was attending a golf outing with a bunch of friends in Coopersburg. I ,of course, volunteered to drive one of my buddies, this was over a week ago, but even with the bad weather, I drove anyway. On our way back we stopped for a couple of drinks..go figure.. Since he was still hungover from the night before he wasn't drinking and volunteered to drive me back if I wanted to have a couple.

On the way home, less than a mile from the house, he took a turn a little too hard, lost control and smacked into a bank. Broke the nose cone and the liner around the front passenger wheel well, so the damage was somewhat minor, except he feels terrible.

Being the eternal optimist that I am, this gives me an opportunity to look at some of the aftermarket nose cones that are being produced. (My car is officially a company car and my insurance is limited to my employees, so I will be paying for this one out of pocket) I haven't looked around too much yet, since work keeps getting in the way, but if anyone sees something that may look interesting, please pass the info along.
Old 04-23-2002, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That really sucks BPS sorry to hear about this. I remember you telling me you were already having a hell of a time in d-town with dings & dents in the parking lots & now this, i just saw your car about 2 weeks ago parked right outside of the gap on main street with the top down . Hope everything works out for, we have to meet up sometime soon also, i only live about 5mins. away from where you are in d-town there.