Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

DelVal Soft Top Replacement

Old 09-19-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

After 100+ S2000 tops replaced, I'm expanding my services to include the Miata. If any of you know anyone with a Miata looking for a top replacement, please send them my way. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to get my top replaced in the near future, please PM me pricing info!
Old 09-20-2016, 03:56 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2poor2mod
After 100+ S2000 tops replaced, I'm expanding my services to include the Miata. If any of you know anyone with a Miata looking for a top replacement, please send them my way. Thanks in advance.

Cool Jeremy! My parents have one and if/when they need it done I'll send them your way!

Old 09-20-2016, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Switchblade
Originally Posted by 2poor2mod' timestamp='1474316336' post='24065206

Cool Jeremy! My parents have one and if/when they need it done I'll send them your way!

Sounds good Justin, I would appreciate it.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2poor2mod knows what he is doing

Went to Jeremy to get some help with a rattling noise that was just annoying the hell out of me for the past year. jeremy is a great guy and knows the top inside out. He fix my issue so quickly. I highly recommend jeremy. And ill be getting my top done once its time.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mattjung2003
Went to Jeremy to get some help with a rattling noise that was just annoying the hell out of me for the past year. jeremy is a great guy and knows the top inside out. He fix my issue so quickly. I highly recommend jeremy. And ill be getting my top done once its time.
Good to hear.

Hey Jeremy,

I have a wicked rattle, particularly on the left side of the top. I also get a lot of air noise at 80 mph but I think that is related to the loose latches. Other than that, the top seems to be in good condition. Would like to have it looked at. Are Saturdays mostly good for you?

Lou

Last edited by Bronsky; 11-22-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bronsky
Good to hear.

Hey Jeremy,

I have a wicked rattle, particularly on the left side of the top. I also get a lot of air noise at 80 mph but I think that is related to the loose latches. Other than that, the top seems to be in good condition. Would like to have it looked at. Are Saturdays mostly good for you?

Lou
Lou,
happy to look at it for you, but before we do the full inspection, here are a few things you can try to lessen the wind noise and loose latches. If you haven't re-greased the seals in a while, get yourself some shin etsu grease and liberally apply to all of the seals. They have a tendency to dry up and contract as they age and the grease will plump them back up. If that doesn't work, take a small section of silicone hose and place it over the hook on the latch. This creates more tension between the latch and the frame, closing the gap between the top and the windshield frame and pulling it tight.

Some other things to look at/consider.

Check the latches
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-un...-fixed-754605/

Hardtop Strikers
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-un...rikers-302425/
Old 11-29-2016, 11:12 AM

Thumbs up

Lou,
happy to look at it for you, but before we do the full inspection, here are a few things you can try to lessen the wind noise and loose latches. If you haven't re-greased the seals in a while, get yourself some shin etsu grease and liberally apply to all of the seals. They have a tendency to dry up and contract as they age and the grease will plump them back up. If that doesn't work, take a small section of silicone hose and place it over the hook on the latch. This creates more tension between the latch and the frame, closing the gap between the top and the windshield frame and pulling it tight.

Some other things to look at/consider.

Check the latches ... (snip)
Actually, I have the latches under control for the moment. I was able to take the play out of the right latch with a 1/16th thickness fuel line hose and a 3/16th thick reinforced plastic hose on the left latch. With the hoses over the pins, they pull the leading edge of the top tighter onto the gasket, eliminating most of the noise from the front of the top. It is much quieter now, even at 80-90 mph on the highway.

Here is the Driver's side. You can see that I covered the hose with electrical tape. I think I'm going to try shrink wrap to make it look better.

I was able to find a black hose thin enough for the passenger side. No tape needed.

I guess this will be okay for the winter but with the amount that I use the top in better weather, I am guessing that I should replace the latches. We'll see.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bronsky
Actually, I have the latches under control for the moment. I was able to take the play out of the right latch with a 1/16th thickness fuel line hose and a 3/16th thick reinforced plastic hose on the left latch. With the hoses over the pins, they pull the leading edge of the top tighter onto the gasket, eliminating most of the noise from the front of the top. It is much quieter now, even at 80-90 mph on the highway.

Here is the Driver's side. You can see that I covered the hose with electrical tape. I think I'm going to try shrink wrap to make it look better.

I was able to find a black hose thin enough for the passenger side. No tape needed.

I guess this will be okay for the winter but with the amount that I use the top in better weather, I am guessing that I should replace the latches. We'll see.
Lou, if you're still experiencing the rattle, i'll be more than happy to have a look at it for you. This saturday is no good for me, but the 10th should work just fine. There is 1 item i will have you check in advance, the spare tire hold down, and i know its on the right side of the car, but we should check first anyway.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:08 AM

Lou, if you're still experiencing the rattle, i'll be more than happy to have a look at it for you. This saturday is no good for me, but the 10th should work just fine. There is 1 item i will have you check in advance, the spare tire hold down, and i know its on the right side of the car, but we should check first anyway.
I did the hose stuff after I first posted on the 21st. I had some time to play with it over the holiday. I don't get any rattle from the latches anymore. In fact, I used a little lithium grease on the rest of the mechanism and the whole top is fairly quiet now. I should be okay for the winter. But I don't know if the hoses will hold up once I start using the top a lot next spring. So, I would like give some thought to replacing the latches in the then. Thanks.

Quick Reply: DelVal Soft Top Replacement