Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Community Organizer position in Del -Val...... open!

Old 03-07-2004, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am resigning after the community replaces me with a new Community Organizer. I have been one of the original 3 and enjoyed organizing mod days, the early first drives, and trying to keep the board in order. I feel after 3 years a change is in order.

There are many new faces in the community with great skills, and fresh ideas and I look forward meeting them.

My commitment and involvement will not change in the community, I feel a fresh face can perhaps take us in a new direction, my job is done here, it is not a lifetime position and with a child on the way I may be a bit on the busy side to really commit myself to organizing much of anything but diapers and feeding times.

So if you are interseted chime in here, on saturday I will post a poll for those who wish to take on the role of C.O. and we will have an election.

Hey after all it is an election year, why not start here!
Old 03-07-2004, 08:40 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Say it aint so Charlie
Old 03-07-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Believe it or not, I am also sorry that charlie is resigning In spite of our differences, I consider him a friend

I also welcome charlie's call for new CO candidates to post here. It would be great to co-CO with an organized member of the younger crowd

Let the nominations and volunteering begin....
Old 03-08-2004, 02:12 PM

So no one is interested?

I nominate Jen...or Paulie....or Gary.....what about Jim
Old 03-08-2004, 02:13 PM

well now that i have weekends off it would be easier for me to do stuff and be more active in the club... wait arent i already active?
Old 03-08-2004, 02:57 PM

Received 884 Likes on 469 Posts

Mike - I didn't notice your name on that list

As usual, I have an opinion, and as usual, I'll share it.

First - I get along with both J-pa and Chuckie. I understand Chuckie's reasons, and respect that. I also respect J-pa for the shit that the moderators put up with on the site, although it could be worse, and they could moderate one of the whoring forums.

Anyway - I think we need to figure out what we are looking for. Charlie and Jerry both had the Community Organizer title. Are we looking for a Community Organizer, or really a Forum Moderator.

I think having two Moderators may be a good thing, allows for checks and balances, and keeps the forum in order, particularly as we get busier during the spring/ summer/early fall.

As for Community Organizers, I think many of us have 'organized' in some way or another. The role of organizer amongst DelVal probably doesn't need to be a formal role. Anyone, yes, anyone has the ability to post an idea for a meet, drive, get together, etc... and if willing to put some effort into it, will get a turnout of people who want to participate.

So, I guess I'll ask what we are looking for: A Forum Moderator, or a Community Organizer?

BTW: I'm not interested. Although I do keep up, and participate as needed, I don't want to be involved with responsibilties with another organization, be it real or cyber.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:34 PM

^^ don't call me chuckie ................ I agree on the CO role we alll step in and do our thing, I have done rides, aerocolor day ets. Mike has worked hard at HIN, Ringing Rocks, PCG etc, Zippy and the Mid Winter gathering and others as well, Paulie and his LWG runs and Fall colors, so we have CO's already. Perhaps the need for another CO/Mod is not needed as well , open to suggestions
Old 03-08-2004, 03:37 PM

Can we have dueling Co/Mod roles?
Old 03-08-2004, 03:47 PM

Received 884 Likes on 469 Posts

Perhaps the need for ANY C/O is not there, however, the need for two Moderators is?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:56 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Although it's confusing, Moderator and Community Organizer are not the same role. The Del Val Forum can only have COs and not Moderators. The listing "Moderated by...." is confusing and will probably be corrected as the new format is rolled out. Moderators have much broader authority and responsibility. Here is an excerpt from a recent post by Cthree on the Site Info forum:

cthree
Owner / Managing Dictator

MY00 New Formula Red/ Black
S2KI User #: 2
S2KI Age: 3 yrs 152 days
PPD Average: 5.52

"COs and moderators have similar jobs but they aren't the same. COs run a community within S2KI. Think of it this way. There is one "global community" encompassing what you see in the forums list. Those forums we manage and we do that with a team of moderators and site moderators. The club index page shows a list of local/regional/social clubs and communities. These communities are managed by COs, not by us.

COs control all of the content within their local forums including things like advertising and any special requirements they may have. They set their own commercial posting policies, their own management structure, their own culture. The only requirements we have of these "special communities" is that they follow and enforce the s2ki posting policy, the one you agree to when you register. COs may impose their own restrictions or rules above and beyond that. Each local community is different and they are all developed differently with their own politics, methods and rules.

You can be both a moderator and a CO, they aren't one in the same thing. In short, if you are a moderator then you report to us. If you are a CO you report to your membership."

Quick Reply: Community Organizer position in Del -Val...... open!