Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

can i get some LOVE?

Old 11-09-2001, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i get some LOVE?

*does happy dance* i got my car, i got my caaaaar!
and since i got no love from the overall forum, 93 reads and not ONE freakin' congrats, i knew i could come to my boys in the DE valley hood and get some here! just kidding... it's nice to have it finally, and i'm going to drive it extensively today since i didn't get to very much last night and get to know my new baby (and vice versa)... tailgate party is on... if someone brings the tailgate, i'll bring some Hi-C!
Old 11-09-2001, 06:27 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

Yeeehaaaaa!!!!!
Congrats!!!!
You're gonna love it.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:53 AM

Hey Seth ...

Where are you gonna be driving today? I have to run up to malvern today so I'll keep an eye out for ya. I'll have my Black one.....Congrats.... How do you like the rear glass window?

Paul
Old 11-09-2001, 07:09 AM

congrats!
Old 11-09-2001, 01:34 PM

congrats Seth........ my inlaws live in Wilmington and we go there a couple times a month. They live by Rockford Park. I also have a friend who owns a Silver /black in Wilmington, he details high end cars on the side I suggest if you are not into waxing and such give him a call. Let me know I'll give you his number...btw he has the cleanest and brightest silver I have ever seen he is a real perfectionist and Honda enthusiast.

I will shoot you a PM next time we head over. Maybe we can get together for a while....... gets me out of hanging out with the inlaws dont tell the wife I said that.. anyways hope to see you soon and enjoy the ride
Old 11-09-2001, 04:18 PM

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE LOVE
anyway... 300 miles today of general driving and breaking in... car seems to get smoother as you go... the glass window is wonderful, nowhere near small in my opinion - perfectly functional, although i'm sure i'll prefer the hardtop (coming in next week)... plenty o' fun below 5500, can't wait to feel and hear and see 8900... 300 miles to go. lotsa looks from other cars, a few challenges, which i politely declined due to breakin, but i did manage to trounce a civic si and still keep it below 5500 - i was so proud i love the way you can feel all four corners grab individually - feels vaguely F1-ish. radio is far better than i thought it would be, but it will get better. can't wait to get the wing on it, that'll be a week or two, and i'm gonna order rick's headrests... don't know what else for now... i'm sure i'll think of stuff. as questions, if you like (as if you don't know about the car)... anyway - off to drive a little more then she gets put to bed.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:46 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey, Matt...er, Seth-

Great news- big time kudos! When I got mine (almost 23 months ago...early Christmas present 12/99 0, it was like a dream. I love washing it and running my hands all over her rounded flanks. Hope you're going to get some MZ-01s and drive 'er all winter.

The wife and I are going to Ocean City NJ with the s2k in the morning for the long weekend...can't wait...wish I could drive 'er up on the boardwalk. If anybody's there, look for us at our friends, 1831 Wesley, oceanfront. Hoping for lots of sunny, top-down weather.
Old 11-10-2001, 04:59 AM

speaking of mz01's... who's using what if anything for the snow? are you changing wheels, or just the tires on your wheels? i gotta get that figured out now so much to think about, hardtop, spoilers, snow tires... life sucks
Old 11-10-2001, 05:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lightning,

Welcome, and we hope to see you at the first official event.

As for winter tires, the easiest, but most expensive, thing to do is to get another set of wheels and mounti the winter tires on them. I bought SSR GT1 17"s, put Dunlop SP 9000s on them, sold the SO2s, and mounted Michelin Alpins on the stock wheels, which I put on the car in December and change out to the SSRs in April. Unlike Charlie (wimp that he is , I don't put my car into hibernation in the winter, so the winter tires are an essential in these parts, where snow and bad weather is known to occur.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:30 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Rick Hesel
...Unlike Charlie (wimp that he is , I don't put my car into hibernation in the winter, so the winter tires are an essential in these parts, where snow and bad weather is known to occur.
Bears go into hibernation; us BULLS come out roarin' all year Charlie must be back in France...how could he let this one pass?

Quick Reply: can i get some LOVE?